Viewing Server Logs

Basically I had used the “Message Audit Policy” to store logs.

It’s just a pain to read these.

I now, after searching, found that Monitoring Service Plugin… Seems to be what I need.

Is there anyway to import all the old .log files into this service? Much easier.

If not- Is there any way to make readable these chat conversations in the .log files??? Just a mess as-is.

And either way, is it safe to turn off the Message Audit Policy now that I’ve installed the Monitoring Service?

Basically I had used the “Message Audit Policy” to store logs.

It’s just a pain to read these.

IIRC, there was some reader for reading those logs. You will have to search in the community or maybe in the list of plugins/extensions known for Openfire.

I now, after searching, found that Monitoring Service Plugin… Seems to be what I need.

Is there anyway to import all the old .log files into this service? Much easier.

Yes, that is what I was going to suggest using. We never implemented such import feature so I don’t think there is a way to import that data from the audit files.

If not- Is there any way to make readable these chat conversations in the .log files??? Just a mess as-is.

And either way, is it safe to turn off the Message Audit Policy now that I’ve installed the Monitoring Service?

I would recommend looking for the extension that allows you to read the data in the audit files and store the new info with the monitoring plugin. It is 100% safe to stop auditing messages and move to use the monitoring plugin. You can turn off auditing without having to stop the server.

Regards,

– Gato

dombiak_gaston wrote:

IIRC, there was some reader for reading those logs. You will have to search in the community or maybe in the list of plugins/extensions known for Openfire.

I would recommend looking for the extension that allows you to read the data in the audit files and store the new info with the monitoring plugin. It is 100% safe to stop auditing messages and move to use the monitoring plugin. You can turn off auditing without having to stop the server.

Regards,

– Gato

I’ve searched for a good hour at work and an hour here… I’m not coming up with anything!

I wish the new message plugin would’ve been availible at the time, very slick!

However I’m still stuck needing to read the current logs… And I don’t seem to find anything.

Hey Techie,

Check out this document: Non-Jive Openfire Plugins

Regards,

– Gato

I’m not a developer of any kind, so these scripts are a bit beyond me…

There’s not a batch file or visual basic script or anything that I just point to the correct file?

what are you using for a backend database?

Hi,

I understood from this post that to view the chat logs in open fire we need to install the monitoring plugin. So after installing monitoring plugin could you please tell me where the chat datas will be stored. to be more specific in which table?