Problem with Spark Login

Hello,

could you please help me to solve this problem?

I use OpenFire on Windows 2008 R2 Eng x64. When the Spark client (Windows 7 CZ x86) logs on to OpenFire, is very often not are
visible online users and on Spark is does not apply “Client Features” from OpenFire “Client Management”. After closure and reopening, the
issue is usually not resolved.

I found
that when the “spark.properties” file, in the user profile, has these parameters:

CcAnonymousLogin = true

CcAccountsReg = true

CcInvisibleLogin = true

The error
always occurs. But if I set these parameters to:

CcAnonymousLogin = false

CcAccountsReg = false

CcInvisibleLogin = false

so everything works fine. The problem is that these parameters automaticaly return from false to true, and the error is constantly returning.

Do not you know how this problem can be solved? I have not found a functional solution on the Internet.

I’m using versions of OpenFire 4.1.5 and Spark 2.8.3. This problem have I since version OpenFire 4.1.2, Spark 2.7.3

Thank you very much for help

Best Regards

Martin Vondracek

What version of Client Control plugin are you using? Do you have Login Anonymously enabled or disabled in Client Management? You can switch it to Disabled, Save the settings and see if that changes anything.

Hello,

Client Control plugin I had in version 2.1.2, which I have updated now to version 2.1.3, but the problem persists.

In Client mamagement have Login Anomymously disabled.

Thank you

I can’t figure out what is happening on your end. If you have AnonymousLogin on Disabled in Client Management, then it shouldn’t be set to true in spark.properties file. Every time Spark logs in it checks Client Management settings and should be setting it to false. Same with other settings. Default for these settings is true. So maybe your client for some reason can’t access the server and read these settings. But that’s not very realistic. Anyway, this is puzzling. You can also try checking the logs C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Spark\logs

Hello,

thank you for answer. Plugin Client Control will be OK, becose I disabled the plugin, but the problem persisted. I tried to look for errors in the log and found a connectivity problem. See below. I will try to find a problem on the server or on the network.

Thank you
Regards
Martin Vondracek

Zář 15, 2017 7:36:53 DOP. org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
SEVERE:
org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 10000ms (~10s). Used filter: IQReplyFilter: iqAndIdFilter (AndFilter: (OrFilter: (IQTypeFilter: type=error, IQTypeFilter: type=result), StanzaIdFilter: id=WnzNO-11)), : fromFilter (OrFilter: (FromMatchesFilter (full): souunlof01.sou-unl.justice.cz)).
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:90)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketCollector.nextResultOrThrow(PacketCollector.java:2 29)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketCollector.nextResultOrThrow(PacketCollector.java:2 13)
at org.jivesoftware.smackx.disco.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDisc overyManager.java:570)
at org.jivesoftware.smackx.disco.ServiceDiscoveryManager.discoverItems(ServiceDisc overyManager.java:548)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.SessionManager.discoverItems(SessionManager.java:91)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.SessionManager.initializeSession(SessionManager.java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1160)
at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:360)
at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:919)
at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:138)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

That timeout error is often seen in the logs and is probably unrelated.