Hovering over an away user causes spark to freeze

Well the title pretty much sums it up.

In my list of users on Spark 2.8.3 any time I hover over a user that is away the entire spark client freezes. I can’t click a different user, or select the drop down menu’s at the top (File, Contacts, etc). I am also not able to right click the icon in the system tray to select exit. It appears it’s a problem for multiple users here in our office.

I have removed the config folder under users\appdata\roaming\spark and had the program recreate it. I’m not entirely sure where to go from here.

Has anyone else seen this issue before?

Thanks!

Adam

Do you have contact list tooltip enabled (showing a small window about a contact hovering)? Then it probably this bug [SPARK-1905] Contact list tooltip causes temporary freeze - IgniteRealtime JIRA You can test it by installing latest Spark nightly build. Ignite Realtime: Spark Nightly Builds

But i do not recommend using 2.9.0 in production yet, it has some bugs.

Thank you Wroot,

I searched as far as I could, and somehow missed that. I spent the last few minutes searching through settings on both Spark and Openfire and I can’t seem to find where to turn off the tooltip. Is there a way to disable it?

Spark: File > Preferences > Appearance > Show VCards in the contact list

Thank you so much, that was exactly it.