Can I send messages without login?

Hi,

I am not worried about the authentication on my server. So Can I just connect to xmpp server and send messages over it without authentication and log in process.?

Login process is taking time, So If above thing is not possible then how can I reduce time taken for login process?

XMPP supports anonymous authentication. It does need to be enabled on the server though.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes I am trying that on xmpp server. I have enabled anonymous login on server

auth_method: anonymous

anonymous_protocol: login_anon

allow_multiple_connections: false

But I think this needs to create separate chatroom. How can I do this without creating chat room? I need all other xmpp process of sending and receiving one to one messages as it is with anonymous login.

I’m confused by your question. The manner in which you authenticate should be unrelated to the usage of multi-user chatrooms, as far as I can tell.

OK. I changed the configuration on server. I am doing changes at client level. I am not able to logged in client anonymously with this server configuration. It says connected but when I try to send message I get error says that User is not authenticated. Am I missing anything?

Connection XMPPTCPConnection[not-authenticated] (0) closed with error

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: not-authorized You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions

stream:error</stream:error>

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:1046)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPCon nection.java:980)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnecti on.java:996)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)