Newbie OpenFire "Getting Started - Will This Work" Question

Hi all,

I have perused and searched this forum, along with a number of websites. However, i still can’t seem to answer a few questions, which are probably very simple for the experts here.

I have a customer with Windows servers, Windows workstations, iOS iPhones and iPads, and Android phones and tablets. I would like to tie all of them together with instant messaging, but am missing some pieces.

1. I see OpenFire for the server, Spark for the Windows workstations, but am drawing a blank for the iOS and Android devices.

2. They like to send pictures in their texts as part of the work they do. How is this accomplished with these client programs.

Thank you!

Michael

You can find clients here XMPP | XMPP Clients

Pictures are sent separately as regular file transfer. There is no inline pictures. I have only tried to send pictures on mobile via Conversations client. Though it is paid one. Free ones i have tried are Yaxim (updated just a week ago after a few years of silence), Xabber Beta (also updated yeaterday). They seem to work, but i haven’t tried to send pictures. Not using iOS, can’t suggest any client for it.