How can I support 25lakhs users with Openfire with Community Edition

How can I support 25lakhs users with Openfire with Community Edition.

My approximate concurrent users will be 3 lakhs.

Please suggest how can I achieve that.

(There is no such thing as a “Community Edition” of Openfire. We have just one edition, which has no special name).

To obtain these amounts of concurrent users, you will most likely need a cluster of Openfire servers. We support this by means of the Hazelcast plugin.

So is there any limitations on total no. of users in Openfire???

Means I can create 25,00,000 users in Openfire ?

Do I require a connection manager for this setup?

and If I go with Hazelcast plugin then how may instances of Openfire I need to run to achieve this much concurrency,

It is next to impossible to determine up-front how many servers you will need. I’ve seen single servers have problems with just a couple of hundred uses, while others can run up to a couple of hundred-thousand. It is highly dependent on factors that are very specific to your environment, which include (but are far from limited to): the type of clients that are used, the frequency with what users log in, change presence, send messages, join a multiroom chats, the plugins that you activate, the configuration of TLS, compression, message archiving, usage of BOSH (or not), usage of file transfers, etc, etc, etc. There really is no way you can tell, without doing a proper analysis.

You need not use a connection manager, but you could use one to separate out the load associated to TLS, compression, and or BOSH, for instance. Again, that depends on your need.

Thanks a Lot for this information.

Our requirement is just limited to broadcasting a message to 2.5million users from a admin user like greetings for any festival.

Our requirement is just limited to broadcasting a message to 2.5million users from a admin user like greetings for any festival.