AutoStart Spark from share folder for everyone in network

Hello,

I’ve 2 servers:

\FIRSTSERVER

\SECONDSERVER

Problem:

I can’t run Spark IM client in every user in my company network via batch script. I installed Spark Client on SECONDSERVER and I share Spark folder in network for everyone.

Description:

My domain controller is on other server: FIRSTSERVER. It’s Win. Server 2008. Here I create rule in Group Policy Object: Autorun_Spark. In this case I use logon script by edit rule and add my own script in User Configuration node -> Scripts -> Logon. After I log to user account in domain and nothing to do… Users can open the \SECONDSERVER\Spark folder and run Spark manualy.

My not work sollution:

My script looks like this:

@echo off

“\SECONDSERVER\Spark\Spark.exe”

I don’t know, where I make a mistake, Someone can help me with autorun spark via share folder?

Later I would like to add auto login to client with uniqe username and default password.

I will so grateful for help.

Best regards

I’ve never tried to launch spark from a network share before. I’m not sure how it will work. you might run into unforeseen issues. Regardless, you might be running into an issue that prevents executing applications from command-line when using a UNC path. There is a registry key you can change to work around that. look into DisableUNCCheck

also, no need to run a script…you can use group policy to start applications at logon.

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System/Logon>Run these programs at user logon

speedy napisał(-a):

(…)

also, no need to run a script…you can use group policy to start applications at logon.

User Configuration>Administrative Templates>System/Logon>Run these programs at user logon

Thank you for answer but users haven’t installed Spark on their computer in network company…

now I install Spark client In \FIRSTSERVER and can I run it on client computer by share (with below paraeter)?

I write simple script parameter to log his account atomated:

-DQUERY_STRING=“username=%username%&passord=test&server=SECONDSERVER”

OK, I found what was problem in my case.

First I so grateful for Speedy.

I had problem withDFS replication. Policy wasn’t available for administrato bc I don’t know why but admin didn’t have permissions… I found solution: https://support.microsoft.com/pl-pl/kb/2846759

Sure I don’t need to spark from share folder on other server, I Instaled Spark on my Firstserver and from here I share, my sript localizaction is to my exe file: \firstserver\sharefolder\spark\spark.exe

Thaks4help Hamlet