Invalid username and password problem

Sorry I’m a newbie here, I’ve followed step by step guide (googling) in installing and configuring Openfire 4.0.3 and spark 2.7.7. Please Help.

Server : Openfire 4.0.3

Platform: : Ubuntu 16.04 (Virtualbox)

Client : Spark 2.7.7

Platform: : Windows 2010 Pro

Connection: IntraNet

Scenario:

I want to learn how to administrate Openfire and use it for our company’s internal messenger(Hopefully In the internet too by means of Mobile Phones and Laptops). I’ve installed it in a virtual machine for testing before production. I’ve followed instructions googling it. I can remote config the server from the virtual to my PC via web browser. Ive created users for testing. Ive first downloaded spark 2.8, then downgraded it to 2.7 as ive missed the site notification (pardon me). and now my** Problem is the connection of Spark to Openfire. error: Invalid Username and Password and Is my config of the server right or misconfigured?**

in Openfire Error Logs:

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:208)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:689)

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:hsqldb:/opt/openfire/embedded-db/openfire

2016.09.01 05:43:34 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:hsqldb:/opt/openfire/embedded-db/openfire

2016.09.01 05:43:03 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

2016.09.01 05:42:33 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

2016.09.01 05:42:03 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

2016.09.01 05:41:33 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

2016.09.01 05:41:03 org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory - Prototype

In Spark 2.7.7

Username : User

Password : password

Server : 192.168.1.251

Please help, in case u needed something more info. ill provide.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure your server in the VirtualBox is actually available to your real network by that IP address? Can you ping that IP? Also, can you please try this build of 2.8 version. It should give a more correct error message. I wonder what will it say (i guess it will say that the server is not available) http://download.igniterealtime.org/spark/dailybuilds/spark_2_8_0_892.exe

“java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:hsqldb:/opt/openfire/embedded-db/openfire”

This error indicates that Openfire is missing one or more libraries. I think your installation is corrupted. Try downloading a fresh copy of Openfire, and install it on a new (virtual) server.

All Sorry for the late reply. Been BC.

SIr @wroot thanks, i can ping and configure my server in a client workstation. I reinstalled and rebuild my configurations as SIr @Guus der Kinderen suggested. Now Im testing it locally in our network. Will go live after a series of testing.

Thanks All for your support.

Will post again for problems encountered… Thanks again

Got the same problem… it took me several days of trying and error to find a workaroud:

First install Java (any java)

Then install openfire

Then install the following plugins …client control… rest api…and … user import export . Probably one of these plugins is sufficient but I have not figured out which one. Without the extra plugins it absolutely does not work if you are using the openfire localy.

Then restart the computer (not just the openfire server)

Then install the spark with the advanced settings pointing to your ip address

IT WORKS!!!

There shouldn’t be any difference whether you have those plugins or not. Do you mean that if you now remove those plugins, Spark will stop logging in? If you want to login with your IP address, you have to put it in the Advanced settings.

I absolutely agree that there “should not be any difference” whether you install these plugins or not… but it does make a difference in my case.

I have a HP proliant microserver, so i can easily switch the hd’s. To make sure, i ve recreated the problem by reinstalling the openfire on a new HD.

after installing the java and the openfire (with a non registered domain as server name)…and do the setup with the build in database spark refuses to connect although i stay in the local network and use the advances settings to point to the correct server ip etc… message “invalid username and password”

Same for chatsecure on the phone (not local)… hangs on signing in…

Then i install the plugings… do a restart and magically , without changing anything further on spark or chatsecure I can connect with both…

Why?.. i have no clue… tried everything i could google, and there are a lot similar problems around with all sorts of “solutions”