How to increase java memory in OpenFire 4.0.3

Hi All,

Good day!

Somebody can help me?

The memory of my OpenFire Server is about to full the java memory, how can i increase it?

Because I already encountered problems, like during accessing the open fire server it says “Internal Error” (Java heap space)

and I some users cannot log in, what can i do? please help.

Hope for response,

Nivron006

Openfire: Installation Guide

Custom Parameters:

Advanced users may wish to pass in parameters to the Java virtual machine (VM) to customize the runtime environment of Openfire. You can do this by creating openfire.vmoptions files in the bin/ directory of your Openfire installation. For the Windows service, you’d create a new text file called openfire-service.vmoptions. Each parameter to the VM should be on a new line of the file. For example, to set the minimum heap size to 512 MB and max VM heap size to 1024 MB, you’d use:

> -Xms512m
> -Xmx1024m

To create parameters for the normal launcher, create a file called openfired.vmoptions (since the openfire.exe launcher invokes the openfired.exe executable to actually start the server).

Hi wroot,

May your answer become understandable?

Please make a step by step procedures from your answer from start to end.

Specially this steps,

To create parameters for the normal launcher, create a file called openfired.vmoptions (since the openfire.exe launcher invokes the openfired.exe executable to actually start the server).

Hope for your immediate response.

Thank you,

Nivron006

Hope for your immediate response.

This community consists of volunteers only doing something in their spare time. So demanding fast (especially immediate…) response is not suitable and will only turn people off from you.

I think the instructions are clear enough. If you are using Openfire with a launcher (i presume on Windows as you haven’t specified this), then: Stop Openfire, go to its installation folder, go to bin folder, create a text file openfired.vmoptions (it is imporant not to have openfired.vmoptions.txt, vmoptions has to be its extenension, not txt). Edit that file and put your desired memory min and max values. In the example they are:

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

Depends on your available memory and Java restrictions. Save that file. Start Openfire with a launcher. Check Admin Console. It should show changed Java Memory max value.

Hello, @wroot,

Ok, noted and thank you for your help.

Regards,

Nivron006