Fastpath Service Plugin 4.4.0 Not loading on OpenFire 4.0.2

Hi,

I recently installed a clean OpenFire 4.0.2, after that I installed Fastpath Service plugin 4.4.0 from available plugins tab, but the menu never shows up, I check the logs and found this:

error.log:

2016.07.21 14:07:59 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/openfire/sasl/JiveSharedSecretSaslServer

at org.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.WorkgroupManager.start(WorkgroupManager.java:21 7)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:159)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.fastpath.FastpathPlugin.workgroupManagerStart(Fastpat hPlugin.java:98)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.fastpath.FastpathPlugin.initializePlugin(FastpathPlug in.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1037)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.JiveSharedSecretSaslServer

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

… 14 more

all.log, when I reload the plugin:

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/plugin-fastpath-jspc.jar

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/lucene.jar

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/xstream.jar

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/fastpath-lib.jar

2016.07.21 14:59:49 INFO [Jetty-QTP-AdminConsole-39]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Unloading plugin JAR file /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath/lib/plugin-fastpath.jar

2016.07.21 15:00:00 ERROR [pool-1-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/fastpath

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/openfire/sasl/JiveSharedSecretSaslServer

at org.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.WorkgroupManager.start(WorkgroupManager.java:21 7)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:159)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.fastpath.FastpathPlugin.workgroupManagerStart(Fastpat hPlugin.java:98)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.fastpath.FastpathPlugin.initializePlugin(FastpathPlug in.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1037)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.JiveSharedSecretSaslServer

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

… 14 more

nohup.out:

Openfire 4.0.2 [Jul 21, 2016 12:05:31 PM]

Admin console listening at http://domain.com:9090

Esquema de base de datos no encontrado para fastpath. Intentando instalarlo…

Base de datos actualizada exitosamente.

I’m trying to fing an older version to test or something like that but can’t find it or guess wich is the problem, solution or how to open a bug, if I login to issues.igniterealtime.org, my user dosen’t have privileges to report issues.

Thanks for your help.

David.

Fastpath plugin starts for me on 4.0.2. What OS are you using and what Java does it shows on the first page in Admin Console?

Bug tracker is only open for comments for most of the users. Bugs should be reported in the forums. Fastpath is not in development for many years, so filing a ticket won’t help much.

P.S. maybe you want to remove URL of your server from the post.

Here’s older version.
fastpath 4.3.1.jar (460211 Bytes)

Hi Wroot:

Thanks for your answer, I’m using CentOS 5.11, 2.6.18-308.1.1.el5

Java Version: 1.8.0_74 Oracle Corporation – Java HotSpot™ Server VM

Appserver: jetty/9.2.z-SNAPSHOT

Host Name:

OS / Hardware: Linux / i386

Thanks for your help.

David

Hi Wroot:

I try the fastpath 4.3.1 but no luck, I attach the log I got when I upload the plugin.

Thanks for your help.

David
error.log.zip (1278 Bytes)

As i said, it works for me (on Windows) and i install it from the Plugins page in Admin Console. You can try stop Openfire, delete fastpath 4.3.1 folder in plugins, rename fastpath 4.3.1.jar to fastpath.jar and try starting Openfire again.

i just tried loading fastpath a fresh install of 4.0.2. I too got

hmm…odd.

1 Like

Well, i don’t have a luxury to test everything on a fresh installation So, i was trying on my regular test server, which is updated from previous versions (replicating what i have at work in production). It worked for me. Now i have tried with the fresh install and it doesn’t work indeed. I have filed this, but doubt it will get any attention.

OF-1166

Well, Thanks Wroot for open the issue, and thanks to speedy for a second test and opinion on this issue.

Patience while the issue is been solved

well, it seems to run on a fresh install of OF when I built it from master (4.1)…so who knows…but perhaps it will work in the next release.

Hi Speedy:

Can you describe what did you do? wich version of OpenFire and Fastpath you use, OS and java version.

Thanks a lot.

David

I built OF from the current source files on github. You can download and try the nightly builds from Ignite Realtime: Openfire Nightly Builds as well.

I can’t get past admin account setup on a fresh installation of the current code (4.1.0 alpha), so can’t test if Fastpath installs on it correctly. I have also tried toinstall fresh 4.0.2 copy and update it with 4.1.0 build, but it fails to login https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-1167

I got the same problem. Investigating at Openfire/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire/sasl at master shows that JiveSharedSecretSaslServer is only part of the current development tree, but not of release 4.0. I switched to the current nightly build (i.e. https://download.igniterealtime.org/openfire/dailybuilds/openfire_2016-09-20.deb for Debian) and it works fine. You can either wait for the next release, try out the master build, too or ask to get it fixed in the current release.

I was able to get fastpath to work with the latest nightly build of openfire. I am however having issues with the webchat plugin for fastpath working. I am getting the following error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /webchat/setup-index.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.setup_002dindex_jsp._jspService(setup_002dindex_jsp.java:76)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:45)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)

This happens as soon as I click on the Tools tab and runs the setup wizard. As soon as i enter my server information and click submit, I get this error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I am new here, but I ran into the same issue. I was able to complete the setup after enabling anonymous login on my Openfire server. The setting is under Admin Login > Server > Server Settings > Registration & Login > Anonymous Login. Unfortunately, I have no idea what risks that poses. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that…

You may need anonymous login for Fastpath as the possible unknown users on the web site have to make an XMPP connection via the web chat client. Otherwise you would have to setup accounts in Openfire for every potential user of Fastpath