Kicked/Banned users are still sending availability status sent to conference

Hi,

I have discovered that even after being kicked or banned from a conference, Spark client continues to send availability status to the conference (as long as the group chat window is not closed) :

After being kicked from “batman_0qg” conference, I am still receiving such kind of stanza from the kicked user :

<presence id=“IK7JB-325”

to="batman_0qg@conference.domain1.com"

from="batman@domain2.com/Spark">

On the phone

away

This is a bit useless as this user is not present anymore in any active group chat window.

Regards,

Michel

I don’t find anything about what should and shouldn’t be send after a user is kicked XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

One can of course assume that this is not efficient. But maybe that’s the server’s duty to block such presence then.

Hi,

thanks for you answer.

According to me the client should not send those kind of presence stanzas after being kicked (the kicked user is no more visible for the other participants). Moreover I am developing an UC federation software and if there is no more federated user (GC session is cleaned on my side), I can’t reject those stanzas because they look like a simple presence stanza (no muc namespace).

Regards,

Michel