Setting up a server multiple times

My server is not saying its been set up if I restart it and it is not letting me login to the admin console using the default username and password.

Here are the errors I’m getting

2016.04.27 13:24:18 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin - An exception occurred while trying to make available the admin console via HTTPS.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.startup(AdminConsolePlug in.java:144)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminCo nsolePlugin.java:244)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1037)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and this in the Openfire launcher

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f62faf94[file =C:\inetpub\openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\inetpub\openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck (The system cannot find the path specified)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:734)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.access$300(XMPPServer.java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer$1.run(XMPPServer.java:414)

What could be the issue?

That’s an odd error. Are you using the same database for multiple servers? That not supported. I’m confused by the implied lockfile, but also the file-not-found on the lockfile. Do you perhaps have file permission problems?

No I am using the embedded database within the Openfire server. It’s on Windows Server 2012 R2 with other servers.

install directory /openfire/conf/openfire.xml

In the last line u will see true

You need to change it from true to false and save it. Do a server restart and you can recofigure the server settings but the database wont cahnge.

I use same with you, I make Windows Server 2012 R2, I just choose standart database [Not Embedde] until now all works fine … What are you install Openfire into C:/ ?? Please correct your permission and located of installation OF server, CMIIW

I actually fixed the issue by doing the same thing. I had to make a standard database connection