Failed to route packet to JID:

Hi people

I am not sure whether this a bug of openfire or xabber. Or might be my server troubles only.

However our server has the following issue with xabber to xabber message delivery.

Debug log example:

2016.02.14 15:30:39 org.jivesoftware.openfire.MessageRouter - Message sent to unreachable address: message contentW45WDvPspFTj

2016.02.14 15:30:39 org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl - Failed to route packet to JID: support@ourdomain.com/android9km8yix6 packet: message contentW45WDvPspFTj

This is not an issue for xabber to any other im client, only xabber to xabber.

Our server software

Openfire 4.0.1

Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)

java version “1.7.0_95”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.4) (7u95-2.6.4-1~deb7u1)

OpenJDK Client VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Looking forward for any ideas about what can cause this and how to fix. Also please some advice in further investigation. Thank you.

PS How to remove the links automatic creation?

Upgrade debian to 8.3 jessie and java to version “1.8.0_72”. However that didn’t help

Hello SGWW, did you find the solution? I have the same issue

It appears that the intended recipient, support@ourdomain.com, was simply not online at the time that the message got sent, or at least not online with the resource “android9km8yix6”. Think of ‘resource’ as an identifier for the client that a user is logged in with. XMPP users can log in with multiple clients at the same time, as long as each login specifies a different ‘resource’ value.

When this happens again, log into the Openfire admin console, and Open the “sessions” tab. By default, that page lists all client sessions. See if there’s a row where both the values in the column “Name” as well as “resource” match the ‘to’ JID. This is the syntax: name@yourdomain/resource

I would not be surprised if you only find a row for the ‘name’, but that has a different resource. If that’s the case, then the entity that sends the message is addressing the wrong recipient.

1 Like