Custom status mirror of Available and Away

I set a custom available status, but when my client is idle and switches to away, it doesn’t retain the custom status.

Example

(Green Available status bubble) - (In Chicago)

(Yellow away status bubble) - Away

Is their a way to change this or can I submit a feature request to get the custom status to stay and the colored status bubble to change.

I know that I can go in and edit the automatic idle message, but since it’s in a separate location from the custom status messages, it’s easy to forget.

The problem is that status is tied to the presence (status tag goes inside the presence tag in the packet). So the current custom messages GUI is made around that. I guess there could be a workaround to make Spark send the same status message when switching to Auto Away presence. Not sure how hard it would be to implement. We don’t have experienced developers working on Spark. Filed as https://igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/SPARK-1685

I have implemented a fix for this. You can test it in the test build Ignite Realtime: Spark Nightly Builds (777 or newer). It will be included in the next release.

Thank you Sir.