sn: admin

description: 19741108000000Z

employeeNumber: 7

givenName: admin

telephoneNumber: 254-323-1920

telephoneNumber: 902-451-7619

uid: admin

userPassword:: admin

Below are the attached screens. User Mapping Test connection is successful. Only problem I face is the page for Administrator Authentication where I can user “admin” as Admin but can not authenticate with the password same in LDIF file and that’s why when I go ahead and completed the whole config for OpenFire and try to login Admin Console, it can not login with that admin user also.

Let me know if I need to do any other configs like openfire.xml or miss something.

Thanks in advance.

It’s enough to post a thread with your problem. There is no need to bring back 2-4 years old threads with your questions. Will ban you, if this happens again.

Hey I am sorry for this but better if you can focus on issue rather than doing all these.

I’m not familiar with LDAP, so i can’t help with it. You should wait for someone experienced in this area (like speedy).

Just wanted to bring to your attention that it is not fair to spam forums with your question to get all the attention to you. Also bringing back old, not relevant anymore threads is bad, as most people start reading from the first messages not noticing it is that old.

1 Like

you are right. I can understand but mine problem is just to similar to those problems very much so tried if I can get the same solution. hope you can understand but it was never with bad intentions.

I fully understand In my experience there is not much help posting in older threads as people participating in them are long gone and not watching the forums. And the threads list gets cluttered and you bury your own thread this way.

Wait a bit for speedy to take a look at your issue. He is fairly active here.

From my limited knowledge i think you should add an AD user as admin, not use the local admin.

I have not used local admin. It is the user in AD named as “admin”.

YUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP…Issue has been resolved… Actually password was stored as HEX in LDAP Server by default. I changed it to plain text, and now can login to admin console with admin user. Thanks.