Xep 136 of monitor plugin doesn't work in openfire 3.10.2

xep service of monitor plugin doesn’t work.

when i send to it an request like below ,it return unavailable service error.

<iq type='get' id='3771:list' xmlns='jabber:client'>
<list xmlns='urn:xmpp:archive' with='admin@win-o9ggg3kpcqk'>
<set xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm'>
<max>1</max>
</set>
</list>
</iq>

response:

<iq type="error" id="6284:sendIQ" to="user1@win-o9ggg3kpcqk/aa69f138-24f1-07eb-b324-d3a5402e61fe">
<list xmlns="urn:xmpp:archive" start="2013-05-31T20:00:00Z"></list>
<error code="503" type="cancel"><service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error>
</iq>

and i can’t find archive feature in disco#info response

Same here. After "Monitoring Service " plugin update to 1.4.6 my xep-0136 clients (vacuum-im, pidgin) stop working. They cant recieve history from server at all.

Same here. Downgraded to 1.4.2 – working fine. Does anyone know where is official repo of older releases of plugins?

There is no place to download older plugins, about your only option is to clone the GIT repo and then build older releases from there.

Seems that it is connected to the database. I faced whith this problem using PostgreSQL.

Also you can get Monitoring Service 1.4.2 here: monitoring.zip — RGhost — file sharing

Will it be fixed soon? Or I must use 1.4.2 and never update to newer version

Try 1.4.7

Hello Dele,

It doesn’t work, I have 1.4.7 installed on my Openfire server

My apologies. I am using it with mam, xep 313 which was broken and now working with my fix. I did not test for xep 136.

Thank Dele,

I have a question. Which fix have you done ?

And does this mean we need to wait for the fix in upcoming 1.4.8 (or revert to 1.4.2) ?

Regards

I’m having the exact same problem. My plugin version is currently 1.4.7.

I am having the same problem with 1.4.6 and 1.4.7 as well.

When I revert to 1.4.2 xep 136 works well if I am using the embedded database for Openfire. Once I switched to a MS SQL Server database, the monitoring service would just always return an empty conversation list when performing message retrieval. I saw there was an issue with MS SQL Server that was thought to be fixed in 1.4.1. Has anyone else had issues using a MS SQL Server database and xep 136 with the Monitoring Service? (It works fine storing messages and viewing them in the admin console. I just can’t retrieve any messages).

I can confirm the problem, openfire 3.10.2 with mysql db and monitoring plugin 1.4.7 from git

<iq type="set" id="mir_3382">
<auto xmlns="urn:xmpp:archive" save="true" />
</iq>
<iq type="error" id="mir_3382" to="kas@rg.local/WSIT001">
<auto xmlns="urn:xmpp:archive" save="true" />
<error code="500" type="wait">
<internal-server-error xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" />
</error>
</iq>

And this error in log:

2015.11.10 09:47:33 org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler - Internal server error java.lang.NullPointerException at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.xep0136.Xep0136Support$1.handleIQ(Xep0136Support.java:40) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:65) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:380) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:123) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:76) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:330) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler.java:93) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:295) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:187) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandler.java:177) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:690) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:417) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1200(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:47) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:765) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:109) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:417) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1200(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:47) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:765) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter$ProtocolDecoderOutputImpl.flush(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:407) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:236) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:417) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1200(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:47) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:765) at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterEvent.fire(IoFilterEvent.java:74) at org.apache.mina.core.session.IoEvent.run(IoEvent.java:63) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(OrderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:769) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTasks(OrderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:761) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.OrderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(OrderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:703) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

It’s about 3 months and there is still no fix.

I think it is big problem of mam (xep-0313) implementation in xep-0313 implementation · igniterealtime/Openfire@4dfa5f4 · GitHub

This patch broke xep-0136 and archiving conferences Monitoring plugin is failing to archive messages in mysql for MUC rooms

I agree with Alex that it is connected with database and SQL requests.

But I don’t understand why unstable 1.4.7 from ‘master’ included in 3.10.2 distro? While 1.4.5 from ‘3.10’ branch does not have such problems.

Andrey,

Currently, our bamboo build host only builds plugins out of the master branch and is not pointed at 3.10 branch. A long standing issue is that plugins are on their own timeline than openfire’s code. The only association is within the plugin.xml to specify minversion. It would be nice to fix this, but it would take a bunch of effort to add logic on the website, within openfire, and have devs that are willing to maintain a branch and master version’s of their plugins. We are very short on volunteers at the moment.

daryl

How can I have source code of monitoring plugin 1.4.6 ? It was working for me!!!

Hello,

for me Openfire 3.10.3 with monitoring 1.4.4 was working. any other combination did not.

i tried now upgrading to openfire 4.0.1 and upgraded all plugins…(also monitoring to 1.5).

Same error again when retrieving history:

2016.01.31 11:56:12 org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler - Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.xep0136.Xep0136Support$1.handleIQ(Xep0136Sup port.java:40)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:372)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:115)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:10 8)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionPacketRouter.route(SessionPacketRouter.java:67 )

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.http.HttpSession.sendPendingPackets(HttpSession.java: 639)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.http.HttpSession$HttpPacketSender.run(HttpSession.jav a:1270)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

So monitoring-plugin still seems broken. No surprise as it’s still the 1.5 version.

But for everyone interested: Openfire 4.0.1 seems to work with monitoring-1.4.4 (build Openfire-3.10.0 to get monitoring-1.4.4 )

then install it on Openfire-4.0.1.

1 Like

Hi toni,

Thank you for the detailed and helpful information. With monitoring 1.4.4, what database were you using? I don’t currently have an environment set up. Would you be able to send me a jar for monitoring 1.4.4?

Thank you,

Matt

Hi Matt,

i use openfire with mysql (5.5.47). attached is the monitoring-1.4.4 built i made. hope it helps.

cheers

Toni
monitoring.jar (4833743 Bytes)

1 Like