Does work Openfire with mobile clients?

Hi,

I’m trying to implement an instant messaging mobile client, and I have many doubts:

1. What happens with the sent messages while I lose the conection in a build without 3G coverage? I will lose them?

2. Can I make a MUC (chat room) persistent on the same situation like question 1 (without coverage) ? I want to preserve the groups structure with its users.

3. Can I preserve the sent messages in a MUC on the same situation like question 1 (without coverage) ? I want to preserve the messages sent by other users in the room while I was without coverage.

As far as I know, on Android platform I can preserve the connection with an open thread. But on iOS it’s impossible.

There’s a solution to all this things in the server side? Is the Openfire server a good choice for this requirements (mobile client) ?

It’s possible that the solution for this things is the XEP-0198? Any other? Any Alternative?

Thanks for the help!

Nobody has any idea? Thx!

If your message is not received by openfire your message will be lost and you need to send it again.

All that relay on your app which needs to handle that, simply save the messages in the database and flag them as “failed to send” then let your app send them again when the coverage back.

OpenFire is you answer.

How can I resolve this kind of handicaps?

This is not a solution for this kind of problems, for example in Whatsapp you can send the messages, and the recipient will receive it when it have connection. Also, it is impossible to apply on MUCs.

As I said it’s Openfire job to handle that. the only thing you need to know is “did Openfire receive the message or not?”