Openfire 3.10.2

I’m interested to hear from everyone who has this installed to get feedback and see how things are working. I’ve been wanting to upgrade from 3.9.1 but with all the issues in the past few releases, I’ve been holding off. I’m really hoping this is the one we can upgrade to.

I’ve only seen one person having issues with 3.10.2 and it looked like his own code was messing with it. Other than that at least 3 other users reported that 3.10.2 alpha (and final version is the same) have fixed CPU and other issues for them.

What wroot said is right.

I updated my openfire server to 3.10.2. It works good now, never crashed again. My users up to 430 online.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Server Properties

Server Uptime: 3 days, 11 hours, 36 minutes – started Jun 29, 2015 12:07:52 AM

Version: Openfire 3.10.2

CentOS 7.1 x64. Openfire 3.10.2(ldap, mysql). 2 weeks. It is stable (cpu usage is low).

I am currently hosting my instance in VirtualBox until my new hardware arrives and i’ll be moving it over to VMware, but ever since I upgraded to 3.10.1 and now 3.10.2, from time to time Openfire java will show high CPU utilization and won’t go down until a restart of the Openfire service.

I am running it on Ubuntu server 14.04.

I have installed the following plugins:

Broadcast, Client Control, Email Listener, Jingle Nodes Plugin, MUC Service, Monitoring Service, Openfire Meetings, and User Creation.

Never saw this issue with earlier versions or 3.10.

Check the /openfire/lib folder. All libs in there should be of 06.22 12:39 time stamp.

Upgraded from 3.10.0 to 3.10.2 in my RHEL 6.5 dev env without issue. Deployed by unzipping over the existing install – after backing up conf, plugins, resources/security, lib/log4j.xml and deleting the jars in $OH_HOME/lib. Using latest Oracle Java 1.8 (defined in $OF_HOME/bin/openfire and /etc/init.d/openfired) and LDAP auth (against an OpenDJ server). So far everything tests good.

We have 4 EC2(Ubuntu 14.04) Openfire instances in cluster. After few days we observe 90% - 100% CPU load on some instances in Amazon console, on ubuntu 170% CPU load for Openfire process. Java 1.7_80 64-bit. Only two plugins: Hazelcast clustering and REST API.

lib folder:

Any idea to fix?

Many thanks