Spark client freezes

My Spark client was working fine and then yesterday when I tried chatting, it was frozen. I have restarted the server to see if it was a back end issue. I have upgraded to the most recent release. I am not sure what is going on. I launch it, I log in, and everything looks ok. As soon as I click on the window, it sits there frozen.Other people are using spark on their systems connected to our server and it is working.

Any ideas?

One thing to note. I can do stuff within the client. It is when I try to open a chat with someone.

Oy. I figured it out. It was a single user causing it to freeze up. We both removed one another and re-added. Now it is working again.

It maybe related to a corrupted history file with that user. Happened sometimes with Spark 2.6.3 version.

How did you know what user was conflicting?

Thanks

I could open up a chat window with User B and User C. User A though kept causing the application to lock up. I do not use the history feature much and realized that could have been the cause. Something got corrupted when I had looked back at our chat history and then the next day everything went to hell in a handbasket.

As Patrick mentioned, you can just try opening chat with every user and it should freeze on a conflicting contact. Then you can go to

C:\Users\Your_User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\user\user@server\transcripts

and delete (or just rename) the corresponding history file (there are usually two files per contact).