Ldap name field not populating

I have OpenFire 3.10.0 using Spark 2.7.0. Openfire is integrated with AD and all seems to be work correctly, except that user’s info from AD doesn’t seem to be working correctly. When adding a buddy within Spark, it won’t display their first/last name. It only shows their AD username. It also populates the nick name field with their AD username, but if you delete the nick name field and just click on, it populates {displayName} correctly which is the way I want it. I’m trying to figure out how to get the First and Last name fields to be populated with their first and last name fields for each other. Any idea how to do this or point me in the right direction?

{displayName}

{mail}

{displayName}

{displayName}

{homePostalAddress}

{homeZip}

{co}

{streetAddress}

{l}

{st}

{postalCode}

{co}

{homePhone}

{mobile}

{telephoneNumber}

{mobile}

{facsimileTelephoneNumber}

{pager}

{title}

{department}

]]>"><![CDATA[

it looks like you’re missing some things…here is mine …notice the tag

<![CDATA[ {sn} {givenName} {mail} {displayName} {displayName} image/jpeg {jpegPhoto} {homePostalAddress} {streetAddress} {l} {st} {postalCode} {c} {homePhone} {telephoneNumber} {mobile} {pager} {facsimileTelephoneNumber} {title} {wWWHomePage} {company} {department} ]]>

That fixed the profile part. Odd part is what I had was what came by default for the installation. I was trying to find a list online of tags you could add to it/use, but was unsuccessful. I’ll do some more testing with it and see how it turns out. I appreciate the help.

what do you have for ldap.nameField? This should be cn

{sn}

{givenName}

{mail}

{displayName}

{displayName}

{homePostalAddress}

{homeZip}

{co}

{streetAddress}

{l}

{st}

{postalCode}

{co}

{homePhone}

{mobile}

{telephoneNumber}

{mobile}

{facsimileTelephoneNumber}

{pager}

{title}

{department}

So, it appears that when users login, their own information is populated for their own profile, but when you send them a message is still shows up as their AD username. When I view their profile, all the fields are blank, but when I click the refresh button, it’ll auto populate the fields correctly. However, if they try to click the refresh button to auto populate my profile information, nothing happens. Is there a way for this information to auto populate from AD so when they login, and initiate a conversation with someone, it’ll show their full name and not their AD username? Additionally, if I add them to my buddy list, it populates their “nickname” with their AD username, but if I delete everything out of that field and click ok, it’ll auto populate their full name like I want it to.

One thing I’ve noticed is information about users are not pulling information from AD unless you add them as a buddy. For example, user A can’t see user’s B profile information until user A adds user B as a buddy. Once you’ve done that, you can get user B’s profile info then shows displayName instead of username. However, when you add the buddy, it still auto populates the “nickname” with the AD username.