Just Married/Monitoring plugins are not getting installed on linux openfire JDK 6

I started to use openfire with windows, but since I have a Linux laptop I tried to install openfire on it, after some weeks I decided to install Just married plugin in the Linux(Debian) openfire server from the admin page, even though it said that I have to wait short time so it would appear on my plugin list though It is not there and it is on the available plugins but with not sign(+), So I thought I might be the plug in but it is not, because I installed it on my windows openfire server and it installed in 10 seconds and is in my plugins list, any help please? I also upgraded the java version of my Linux device and it is still having the same problem, the only plugin that got installed on the Linux was kraken.

I would appreciate any help or hint, I wanna use this plugin to edit other’s accounts attributes like names and also changing their passwords

There could be something useful in the errors log of Openfire. Also, you can try downloading the plugin from this site’s Downloads page and adding the jar file via Browse menu. Just make sure it is all lowercase and without spaces (e.g. rename to justmarried.jar).

I have stopped using this plugin at my company after experiencing anomalies with users renamed with it (Re: Just married, Openfire plugin ). So use it with caution. You can still rename users via Users page, or you can create a new user and delete old one, if you need to use new username.

I did that but nothing happened, still not showing up the plugin, how can I check openfire logs in Debian? I was trying to get access to the openfire folder and it said “access denied” I also stoped the server and the same message showed up.

after installing from admin console it the plus(+) icon disappear but it doesn’t appear in my plugin list, only kraken andasterisk were uploaded correctly

Errors log is available from the Admin Console (you will find it on the left menu).

It doesn’t show up any error log after installing it, I just updated kraken plugin newest version just now and it went from my plugin list to the whole plugins list available. my server is in Debian Linux, why is it happening? don’t them support Linux servers? or JDK 6?

Plugins distributed via the Igniterealtime website are built with JDK7, so you need to be running at least that locally to use them.

Well, yes, most plugins only support JDK 7. That’s why i ask about errors. It should show errors “Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 error”.

my log are clean!

Do you mean completely clean errors log? This is not normal. What Openfire version are you using? Older version had a bug with logs not being saved on Linux.

Daryl already explained, that you have to use JDK 7 to run most of the plugins.

Before installing all plugins like a week ago, I clear all logs. since last week i dont have any log. and it is the latest version for Debian Linux. I will install openfire with jdk 7, ill reply later

Logs:

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
2015.04.11 11:20:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/kraken
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/sf/kraken/KrakenPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1074)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:267)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
2015.04.11 11:20:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /usr/share/openfire/plugins/monitoring
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jivesoftware/openfire/plugin/MonitoringPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1074)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:351)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:178)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:165)

I Dont know what it means, if Someone could help me I would appreciate it, I cannot Use Monitoring plugin