Integrating Live support chat for webapp in Play framework

My requirement is ,I have a webapp developed in play framework.I need to integrate xmpp based live chat customer support.For that thought of using Openfire with fastpath webchat plugin.

1. Installed Openfire 3.9.3

2. Installed fastptah webchat plugin (This was not working with available plugins. so, installed the war from OpenFire 3.7.0 - FastPath WebChat not installing? | Ignite Realtime )

3)Installed fastpath service plugin

1. webchat url - http://:7070/webchat/ works fine.

2. Workgroup demo shows offline.

I am new to openfire and fastpath webchat.I am stuck at this point and not sure how to go ahead .Why the queue is offline.Where does spark come into picture?How can I initiate the chat from my play web app.web app is currently running on inbuilt server of play(dev mode).

Request someone to please help understanding and resolving the same.

In Admin Console you should find a menu for Fastpath service management. There you can assign users to be agents in the queues. Then you can login with such user in Spark and such user should see a Fastpath tab in his GUI. That’s how agents login to Fastpath and receive queries. I haven’t tested this with the latest Spark versions. It may be that it doesn’t work anymore. Fastpath is not in development for many years.

Thanks wroot for the reply.when you say Fatspath is not in development for many years then would it be a good choice for implementing customer support Live chat feature for my webapp or should I use something else?

“In Admin Console you should find a menu for Fastpath service management. There you can assign users to be agents in the queues.”

-This is fine for me .I am able to do so.

“Then you can login with such user in Spark and such user should see a Fastpath tab in his GUI.”

-This means I need to install Spark IM client .How do I integrate the spark UI in my webapp or how do I initiate chat form my webapp to fastpath webchat?

Before all this is therea better option for my requirement or shall I proceed with fastpath?

I can’t say is there a better solution than Fastpath as i haven’t tried anything else. I know that one of the biggest hosting providers in our country is still using it for support.

I often see threads on the forums with various problems or bugs in Fastpath (though less than before, as probably less people try to use Fastpath). But there is nobody to fix the code, so if you will be able to launch it, maybe something will come up later.

Spark is needed for the agents. Clients can use webchat or some xmpp client to reach thew agents. But there is no option for an agent to use a web client. It has to be Spark, as far as i know. And this is another problem. Fastpath in Spark is not updated for years too and it can break in the newest Spark versions.

So, probably i’m not suggesting to use Fastpath. I would search for something else.