How did I get someone else's Spark session?

Hi there,

We’re using Spark 2.6.3 and Openfire 3.9.3.

I happened to be out at one of our remote offices. I was doing some other work at one of the workstations and the lady that was there had locked her session in Windows. I know for a fact, she was logged into Spark on her session. I logged into Windows as me by doing the switch user thing… hoping to avoid killing her session as I only wanted to print something off.

We have our login script set to launch Spark at login. Sure enough, Spark kicked on. However, once Spark launched, I noticed that I was logged in as her. She got my roster, but I got logged in as her. Isn’t this a bug? I would have expected a new session of Spark to launch with my credentials, not give me hers without even having had to log into the Spark session.

Michael

This shouldn’t be possible on a Windows level (Spark’s profile folder is in Users\User\Appdata\Roaming). One user shouldn’t be able to access another user’s Windows profile folder. So either your Windows or user permissions are not standard or this startup script is doing something weird. Hard to tell.

1 Like

Well, my account does have all kinds of administrative rights so maybe it was able to get into her session because of that?

I managed to figure out the roster issue so that shouldn’t be a problem anymore. The weirdness of getting her account is all that is left.

Just having admin rights shouldn’t result in this. Maybe you should check that startup script. Maybe it’s copying Spark profile to the PC you have logged in and it copied the wrong one.

The login script locates your group membership. Based on the membership of the groups, it launches Spark from C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\Spark.exe and passes it a parameter… start_chat_muc=location@conference.test.com where test.com is our domain. There are some lines for logging so we can tell what the script did. That’s pretty much it for the login script.