Main window of the spark conversation

Helo.

We use the version 2.6.3 with spark openfire 3.9.3 with more than 1000 users, integrated with AD.

Is there any spark configuration to ask the user whether to close or not the main window of conversation when you click the X and has active conversation?

It would be interesting this option, because if user closes the entire window and has outstanding conversations, he simply suggested closes without the user whether or not you really want to close the main window. This generates a transtordo to the user because time is with multiple tabs open (active conversations) and closing the window does not remember who he was talking or had pending conversation that had neither responded.

Antonio Maciel

There is no option to ask before closing the main conversation window. As a workaround to get back to closed conversations one can use Ctrl-E shortcut in the roster window. It will bring Recent Conversations list. One caveat though. You have to have a conversation (exchange of messages). If you just received messages and haven’t responded and closed the window, such contact will not appear on that list. Well, because there was no conversation. One ca also use Ctrl-T to bring Frequent Contacts window, though this is less a help in this situation.

I think it is more of a learning for users, just like with browsers using tabs (though they usually warn before closing). Users today usually understand that hitting X will close all the tabs in the browser. The least we can do is file a ticket for an option. SPARK-1598 This doesn’t mean it will be implemented soon or ever. Not many active developers here.

Hello.

Great. Your tip will greatly help the user.

I’ll look for the spark shortcut keys to see if he has any more that we can use.

Thank you very much.

Antonio Maciel

Not many other useful shortcuts. I personally use Ctrl-F all the time. As we have huge contact list and it is hard to find users by scrolling through the roster. I can also search for phone numbers which we attach to names. This search can look not only from the beginning, but also in the middle of the names. Like if you enter “tonio” it will find Antonio.