Client Service/MUC Service Plugin - Loading multiple rooms

Hi,

I’m still having troubles loading multiple MUC rooms. I’ve decided to try my hand with loading them using the MUC plugin (or is it the Client Service plugin?). I’ve only managed to get one loaded. We use Active directory groups. Of the 3 test bookmarks I’ve created, only the it_chat@conference.test.com seems to work. I’m not immediately sure why.

I’ve got it set up like this:

2014-11-28 15_55_32-Openfire Admin Console_ Edit Bookmark.png

Now, what I don’t understand is why, if I’m a member of the AD group, SPARK-IT, will the IT Chat room load properly and the Dev Chat room (which I am also a member of) does not. Is it not possible to load more than one room through here?

Michael

Is the problem to create Chat Rooms over MUC Service Plugin or to see the rooms in Spark?

Hi,

I’ve successfully created the rooms themselves. I’m having trouble making my spark clients automatically join them using the tool above. I think maybe I was mistaken when I thought it was the MUC Service plugin. It may be the Client Control plugin that’s giving me this option.

Michael

I have managed to verify that my client is at least picking up the bookmarks (both the URL and the chat rooms) from the server settings which is a good thing. Now I just need to figure out why the auto-join doesn’t… auto-join.