Openfire users showing as offline in Admin Console using Converse.js

Hi, I am using Converse.js with a IIS Web Server and Openfire XMPP Server. I am able to login to the login screen that converse provides with the users I created in Openfire. However in the Admin Console they are appearing as offline. I am not able to add contacts in Converse after I log in and the Client Session shows the User Name as Anonymous instead of the user I created. Would could I have set up as wrong?

I have HTTP Binding enabled.

Are you sending an initial with the converse.js client?

I am not. I added support to get the event from converse.js that they logged in. So now that I have that how do I send a to Openfire?

I looked in converse.js and it appears they send the XMPP message, but I am seeing if I can further track down what is going on.

I switched to using Candy instead of Converse and now the correct user is showing online, however after I login it connects and I just get the gray screen. Perhaps I am not setting up rooms correctly? On Candy’s FAQ it says:

Candy shows only a blank (gray) Screen:

Make sure that you autojoin at least one room. Either automatically via bookmarks or manually by passing a list of rooms with the autojoin property in initialization.

I created a room, but perhaps I am not creating it right, cause it is not working and I still get the gray screen.

With converse.js, I could join a room but the contact list never worked unless I joined a room. Looking at the code it seems like the roster has to be set up, not sure I did that right either in Openfire. Any advice?

With Candy, you specify a list of rooms to join in the javascript configuration object. Look what is done on this website for the groupchat support view-source:http://www.igniterealtime.org/support/candy.jsp

Thanks, I was able to get Candy to work. Is there anyway to embed it in another web page like Converse does where you can toggle it when you want to chat, etc?

This is not a forum for Candy support, please ask these type of questions with those folks.