I understand the Frustration with lack of documentation

I have done 2 fresh installs. Had one working flawlessly, then all the sudden it won’t videobridge. No changes nothing. I did another and can not get it to bridge no matter what I do. I have done IT since 1992. I have used Linux since 1997.

I think the documentation is lacking in the areas of what is required and what specific things need to be set depending on your setup. Such as Firewall and NAT requirements. I found it to be using ports well outside the range of what was given. Setup 100000:20000 TCP & UDP and then watched it use ports in the 30000 range.

Also What plugins are required and what plugins are not? Better yet the Openfire/jitsi videobridge everyone passes you off too, to test your client, post it’s setup. These things would be helpful.

I see community support but I have yet to see common issues solved and documented correctly for the rest of the community to be able to learn from and even add too.

Yes I am using the latest of both openfire 3.9.3 and jitsi videobridge 1.3.1.

I have read every post on this and all have common issues but no resolution.

Is websockets still required?

Just got these errors:

2014.10.23 19:25:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession - Error trying to connect to remote server: jitsi-videobridge.wiki.veriah.info(DNS lookup: jitsi-videobridge.wiki.veriah.info:5269): java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

2014.10.23 19:25:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Error or result packet could not be delivered

2014.10.23 19:25:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:26:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:26:36 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:26:56 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:27:16 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:27:36 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

2014.10.23 19:27:54 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/clustering/lib/plugin-clustering-jspc.jar!/

It worked and all the sudden it is not.

Message was edited by: David Truesdale

Jitsi videobridge plugin does not yet support clustering. I suggest you remove the clustering plugin for now

According to our server the clustering plugin is not installed. It is in the available list but has no add icon.

Issue fixed with complete uninstall and fresh re-install. This time turned off updates. Somehow it updated and installed clustering without any input. It is all working.