Openfire Scalability to manage 1000000 concurrent users

I am working with Openfire server. I want to manage 1000,000 concurrent users. I found that there are two ways to make Openfire scalable i.e.

1. Through Clustering Openfire.
  2. Through Connection Managers.
    I need information about the following queries
  • Is there any licensing cost for clustering Openfire v3.9.1 commercially.If so, how much that cost is.
  • How many application nodes are required for setting up cluster to manage the desired number of concurrent users.
  • I also read that the Coherence-based clustering plugin has been deprecated, so which plugin will be used to setup a cluster of Openfire v3.9.1.
  • Is there any licensing cost for scaling it with Connection Managers.
  • How many Connection Managers are required to manage desired number of concurrent users.
1 Like

hi

I developed high performance cluster for openfire.

if you need help, please contact me, snowingximen@163.com.

regards

see Introducing Hazelcast ā€¦ a new way to cluster Openfire!

Actully, the hazelcast plugin for cluster is really really weaker, so I developed my owner cluster.

Regards

snowingximen wrote:

Actully, the hazelcast plugin for cluster is really really weaker, so I developed my owner cluster.

Regards

Interesting. Would you like to share with the rest of us? What weakness in Hazelcast did you solve?

I upgraded my cluster for openfire(two nodes), which can manage at least 1,000,000 concurrent users. The testing script is from Tigase 500,000 concurrent users tsung script. It makes a really high stress on the cluster, and blocks the communication between on two nodes. I overcomed the problem, and now the communication between on two nodes is very quickly, just like within one node.

1 Like

Hey,

i sent you an email, on this, can you share how you did it or let me know if I can use your solution ?

-Shil

can you share experience

Hi, Iā€™m also wondering about it. How did you test it? And can you share hardware specs?

i want to** **know, too

Is anyone here solve this problem?