Still 'Failed to parse extension packet in Presence packet' exception, 'Caps elment with missing attributes'

Hi,

While receiving information for example gtalk ‘status change’ I got an exception in traces:

‘Failed to parse extension packet in Presence packet’

Can someone help me with this?

I need to track gtalk statuses, but instead of status information, I got mentioned exception.

log:

Connected to talk.google.com

Logged in as ******@gmail.com/SmackA1S2SSS2

mode: accept_all, accept_all

Presence changed: ********22@gmail.com/android_talk282530909187 available: away

Presence changed: ********33@gmail.com/gmail.A6654E0B available: away ()

Failed to parse extension packet in Presence packet.

looking deeper…

I got exception: ‘Caps elment with missing attributes’ from class: CapsExtensionProvider

… any idea?

Kris

Google Talk sends the “caps” element with an legacy/outdated specification and some now mandatory attributes are missing.

Packet Extensions of Presence packets that throw an exception will just get ignored and logged. No need to worry.

Thank you!

How to disable the warning, it keeps showing up:

May 28, 2016 5:26:48 AM org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils parsePresence

WARNING: Failed to parse extension packet in Presence packet. Attributes: from=???@jabber.org/call id=null

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException: Caps elment with missing attributes. Attributes: hash=null version=0.6 node=http://code.google.com/p/libjingle/call

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.caps.provider.CapsExtensionProvider.parse(CapsExtension Provider.java:54)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.caps.provider.CapsExtensionProvider.parse(CapsExtension Provider.java:28)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.provider.Provider.parse(Provider.java:35)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils.parseExtensionElement(PacketParse rUtils.java:929)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils.addExtensionElement(PacketParserU tils.java:1060)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils.parsePresence(PacketParserUtils.j ava:583)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.PacketParserUtils.parseStanza(PacketParserUtils.jav a:155)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.parseAndProcessStanza(AbstractXMP PConnection.java:955)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.access$500(XMPPTCPConnection.java: 140)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:997)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPCon nection.java:952)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnecti on.java:967)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)