Problems with Sharing Groups

So I created one group and added all my users into one group (22 users). I am trying to share the users so that anytime some one logs into spark they have the list of all the all users.

Here is the settings I choose.

Once I try and save the contact list settings I get the gollowing error

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /group-edit.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
     at java.util.AbstractMap.put(Unknown Source)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.group_002dedit_jsp._jspService(group_002dedit_jsp.java:164)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1359)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1330)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1330)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:50)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:227)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:941)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:250)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:149)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:919)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:582)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:586)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:44)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I then tried to create second group to share the list with that group and I recieved the same error. I am running Openfire on a WIndows Server 2008 R2 and using Open 3.8.0. Also the account that is configured for AD I tried giving it Domain Admin but it made no change not sure where to go from here.

Thanks a bunch, after upgrading to 3.8.1-alpha it’s working perfect!

Same problem with 3.8.0 RPM for RH. Using the openfire distributed java, and still have this problem. I’m running into this problem because LDAP rosters are not populating, so I thought maybe I need to re-enable all the contact list group sharing, even though it appears to be enabled by default.

bamboo has our nightly rpm builds which should fix it

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/OPENFIRE-NIGHTLYRPM-949/artifact/JOB1/Pr oject-RPM-installer-files

Thanks! The Feb 9 alpha RPM seems to work correctly. Seems like sharing within the group should be enabled by default and shouldn’t need to be configured manually. The display name of the group I can understand manually changing, though it could easily default to the ldap group name.

One problem I’ve observed since 3.6 is that the list of other groups to share with seems to be limited to the default list of groups in the Group Summary. For some reason, my Group Summary returns a list of only two groups. Other eligible groups are searchable, but they do not show up in the “Share group with additional users… The following groups:” text field.