Spark 2.7: Roster duplicates

Very weird behavior with Spark 2.7 … When I choose “show empty groups” and “show offline users” and deselect “group offline users” the roster shows many duplicate users. I have always configured spark like this because I like to see who is not online in each department, including entire departments. When I deselect “group offline users” the duplicates just move to the offline users group.

I have reinstalled spark and even deleted all corresponding files and folders for spark. We are using openfire 3.7 (server 2008).

This issue for me is on a windows 7 32bit. I am the only one testing saprk 2.7.

see attachement

Hi

this is the latest build or the alpha?

Walter

The one from yesterday. spark_2_6_3_12555_online

This issue still exists in the latest nightly build of Spark 2.7. Can anyone confirm?

Not to be repetitive, this but still exists in Spark 2.7.0 beta 1. Has anybody confirmed it yet?

Hi

I can not confirm this with my profile.

Have you cleared your profile?

Kind regards

Walter

Yes, once when I saw the issue first happening (with 2.7 alpha) and then again when I installed 2.7 beta. Both times I did a recomplete uninstall, and then deleted all cooresponding spark folders on my PC.

I have double check my Spark settings and I do not see duplicate users. My Contact list has more than 100 users with shared groups and some users are intentionally shown twice. My server is 3.6.4.

Are the double entries shown underneath each other or is the user scattered through the roster list?

Group1

auser

buser

Group2

cuser

buser

duser

or

Group1

auser

auser

buser

buser

Group2

cuser

cuser

duser

duser

I have the same BUG like @church.

Spark 2.7.0 beta 1 (spark_2_6_3_12555.exe)

I have contact list only from groups “Contact List (Roster) Sharing” (NOT added from “Add contact” menu).

I see DUPLICATED users, one online, and second (the same user) offline in same time.

This duplicated “offline zombie users” are even seen when I unselect “Show offline users” from “Contacts Menu” .

This bug is NOT exist in Spark 2.6.3 (stable).

So, the only solution is to reinstall Spark to this version (2.6.3 stable).

I am having this issue as well in the latest beta build…

Still having this issue on OpenFire 3.9.3 and spark 2.6.3 Running on CentOS 6.6. Pulling Roster List from Active Directory on server 2012 r2.

Exiting spark and re opening it will correct for a few hours. Any idea why I should look into and start tweaking? I have been playing around with the cache settings and the seemed to help other issues where my roster would remove people on its own.

You can try the latest Spark 2.7.0 build, maybe it has this fixed http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-668/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_668.exe

Seeing the same problem with Spark 2.7.1 build 686 under Windows 7 64-bit, server openfire 3.10.2 Linux RHEL6.6 with local accounts and internal sqlite DB.

The offline contacts seem to breed over time as I hibernate and wake my computer and reconnect to the server. If I uncheck “Show offline users”, only the most recent offline one (top of the list) disappears. Restarting the client cleans them up temporarily.

Updating Spark to the latest build did seem to help but I don’t think it solved it for me 100%. I ended up having to remove AppData from folder direction and that seem to correct the issues I was having. not sure why or how that is related.

This is most probably [SPARK-1628] Offline contacts are duplicated after reconnecting with “Display as panel” option - Jive Software Open Sour…

So, to workaround, go to Preferences > Appearance and change the reconnect display to Display in contact group.

Yes, that does seem to work around the problem, thanks!

We are also experiencing this problem running version 2.7.2 Build: 695

Read the 14. message and change the setting as described.

The 14 message?

If you mean the workaround regarding the “Display in contact group”, I had seen that. Just wanted to let everyone know that the issue is affecting yet another site/instance. We’ll give this workaround a try.

Thanks for letting know. I just thought you haven’t seen the workaround suggestion yet. The issue is known and filed in the bug tracker. But as there are no active developers the workaround is the only solution for now.