Openfire 3.7.0 vs. Kraken IM Gateway

Hello,

every addons probably works fine, but if I load and set Kraken IM Gateway 1.1.2 and restart Openfire windows service, Openfire dont work. I cant open console on port 9090/9091 and Sparks can not conenct. I dont know any other way than reinstall.

This is known issue or something? Can anybody help please?

(I can provide more info)

L.

Hi, you can make your Openfire server responsible again if you delete the Kraken folder and Kraken.jar under “plugins” folder. After deletion, start your Openfire server again.

To fix the Openfire 3.7.0 crashing with Kraken plugin, update your Kraken plugin to 1.1.3 beta3 release from here.

This has minor problems with Yahoo! gateway, but other than that it works fine. If you want to use the older Kraken plugin, you need to downgrade your Openfire installation to 3.6.4

Yahoo is the network, we only need :slight_smile: Maybe ICQ.

I try delete this plugin (and all plugins too) but server dont work. There may be other problem, but I cant read logs - very complicated for me.

I try KRAKEN beta an we´ll see, thanx

Leoš,

I am on linux and experiencing the same problem. Make sure you delete both the “kraken” folder and “kraken.jar” file from the folder “/var/lib/openfire/plugins”. Then restart your server.

Also, the link for the working and latest beta 1.1.3 version of Kraken is actually here.

yeah I had a similar problem too of nothing working after restart (in linux):

Not sure if it was something wrong with my installation or what, but for me using the .tar instead of the .deb seemed to have worked.

I don’t remember if deleting the plugin enabled me to start openfire in a working way when I was struggling with that, but either way I wasn’t able to actually get the plugin working in a way that I could restart the openfire server without having to reinstall something. Now everything seems to be working fine with the latest kraken.jar and the tar.gz installation of openfire.