Upgrade to 3.7 successful on centos? but can't connect

I followed the destructions and the rpm installed fine, supposedly. The service starts but can’t connect to port, 9090, 9091 or the IM port. When I start openfire using /opt/openfire//bin/openfire.sh

@server1 logs]# /opt/openfire/bin/openfire.sh

Openfire 3.7.0 [Mar 3, 2011 10:02:25 AM]

Admin console listening at:

http://server1.hutchingshome:9090

https://server1.hutchingshome:9091

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender].

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:179)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByClassName(OptionConverter .java:320)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java: 121)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:6 64)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:6 47)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyConfigurato r.java:544)

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:440 )

at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:367)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.setLoggerProperty(GatewayPlugin .java:251)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.(GatewayPlugin.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1067)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named “openfire”.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Please help, I could blow the whole thing away as I’m using the embedded db and only have 4 users, its in my house. However I do use Openfire at work w/ 50 users so I really don’t want to encounter this at work.

Thanks

Nate

Nate - I think you’re using Kraken, correct? The new Openfire requires a new version of the Kraken plugin. The latest release that’s available on http://kraken.blathersource.org should work!

Yikes you are using the IM Gateway plugin =D that’s way old.

Don’t get the latest -official- release from the Kraken site, grab the 1.1.3 beta 3 release. (I’m working on a 1.1.3 release but beta 3 fixes the issues with Openfire 3.7.0)

Also make sure you remove the old gateway plugin before you install Kraken. (shut down openfire, delete gateway.jar, the gateway folder, and pop kraken.jar in place) Kraken will update your gateway database and such so you shouldn’t lost anything you’ve set or anything along those lines.

Thanks guys that cleared it right up.woohoo.

Ugh. Ok. need more help appearently. When i launch openfire from bin/openfire.sh. It fired up and i could connect and my few users showed up. I stoped openfire then launched using /etc/init.d/ openfire start. Now I can’t connect. The web works but wants me to go through setup and the keeps repeating. On DB settings I get error “The openfire database schema does not appear to be installed. follow the installation guide to fix this error.” I’m using the embedded Database.