Spark client search fields missing and search not working

Hi,

I’m running the latest openfire xmpp server and spark client. It was working and then I tried modifying the ldap settings to map username to displayname. Anyway a test ldap search works in the admin gui but from a spark client I get not results. The spark client used to have three fields you could check/unckeck for searching (username/name/email) but all three options are now gone. Curious what the fix is and if anyone else has experienced the search not working and the fields disappearing in the spark client.

Thanks

Additional note from the server error logs. Error parsing LDAP search fields: {disaplayName}

I see that in the user mapping advanced search field (because I put it in there as a test). I deleted it in the GUI and saved it but after restarting the server is reappears in the gui. Is there another way to remove that so it is permanant? Perhaps that’s affecting the search capability of the clients.

I had the “Error parsing LDAP search fields” in my “logs/error.log” file:

2011.07.19 16:13:28 Error parsing LDAP search fields: uid,cn,sn,givenName

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider.(LdapUserProvider.java:86 )

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.initProvider(UserManager.java:474)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.(UserManager.java:97)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.(UserManager.java:55)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager$UserManagerContainer.(UserMa nager.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.getInstance(UserManager.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.getUserManager(XMPPServer.java:1223)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.initialize(PresenceManagerImp l.java:517)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initModules(XMPPServer.java:597)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:485)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:212)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)

When my** ldap.searchFields** property was: uid,cn,sn,givenName

In the Openfire Console, the “Searchable Fields” settings of the Search Service was empty (no fields) thus searching an user from Spark client was impossible (never returned any result).

Now that I’ve changed it to: Identifiant/uid,Nom complet/cn,Prénom/sn,Nom de famille/givenName,Courriel/mail

The error vanished and user search is now working.