10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 4:13 AM by wroot

Openfire 3.6.3 enabled 9091 port?

Bronze

Hi all,

Today, I installed new Openfire 3.6.3 version but new version is not enabled 9091 port for web console.

How can I enabled web console security?

Best regards,

• Re: Openfire 3.6.3 enabled 9091 port?
          wroot KeyContributor

Are you able to login with 9090 port? What do you see on the start page then? Is 9091 listed in the list of ports? Maybe there is an exclamation icon saying about something is wrong. Maybe you have deleted your certificates while updating Openfire. Then you can try to generate or add them again.

Bronze

Hi wroot,

Thank you for quick response. I installed new one via tar extract command. Because I would like to run openfire with non root privilege.

The 9091 port is not listening in system now. I can access console with 9090 port, connect to server from spark and other ports(7777, 5222) are listening in normally.

Best regards,

wroot KeyContributor

If you see such picture when you login to 9090 port:

op_cert_error.jpg

Then you have probably overwritten your certificate keystore when you were extracting the new version (/openfire/resources/security/ dir). You should make a backup of that dir before upgrading and then copy your backup on top of the newly written files. Now you have to go to Server Settings > Server Certificate and import your existing certificate or generate a self-signed one (less secure). Then you shall see 9091 port listed and you'll be able to login to port 9091.

op_9091_port.jpg