Openfire Admin Console Not Opening

I know what the problem is, I just want to know why. I installed Openfire 3.6.0a and it runs. MySQL database. The whole system works fine, except that I can’t get into the admin console because the file index.jsp was magically deleted. I am the only person with access to that system and I know I didn’t do it. Is it part of a plugin addition? I installed the additional monitoring plugin as well.

no plugin should remove any portion of the server software. you can do an over-install. you should not loose any settings or files.

File do not disappear without reason. If you don’t find any other reason, maybe your harddisk is damaged. You should better check it.

Thanks for the responses. I tried the overlay, and no go. Overlaying completely uninstalled the server, including the service that I set up in windows. Left the database alone, but I have to redo all that work. The overlay did not reinstall that index.jsp file either.

I also checked the hard disks. Ran scandisk, and no errors. Not an HD problem.

Honestly, the file was there, I restarted and the file is gone. No reason.

Where exactly are you expecting to find the file ‘index.jsp’ on your harddisk? As far as I know, it should not be on your harddisk directly (it should be in a jarfile instead).

In IIS, the primary webpage is the openfire page. That is right, since this server is solely for databases. In the index.html (root of primary website in IIS), in the meta-tag, it redirects to a page index.jsp that according to the meta-tag, should be in the same folder. So either the html was edited or the index.jsp file is gone.

I’m unfamilliar with your setup. However, please check if the admin console is available at any of these locations:

• http://:9090/
  • https://:9091/

There’s a chance that the meta-tag in the HTML page that you referring to is pointing to one, while (because of re-installing it) is pointing to the other. Doing a netstat lookup to see at what ports your server is listening for connections might give you another clue of what’s going on.

After restarting your server, did your console log contain an entry saying something like “Admin console listening at:” (followed by one or more addresses)?

Thats the really strange thing. The actually application is running fine. I can chat, transfer files, the whole nine yards. I just can’t get into the admin console. It does say that it is listening. The only thing thats missing is that index.jsp.

I checked IIS, and there is only one website and no index.jsp file to be found.

IIS is not needed for this product. It is just using more system resources that can be allocated to openfire. Openfire uses its own web server to publish its admin page. can you access the page directly as was previously asked. Go directly to the url with the port you are configured to use.

Error 404 NOT_FOUND

When I go to http://localhost:9090/, it resolves to the standard page cannot be displayed error.

When I go to https://localhost:9091/, this is what I get.

HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/

Powered by jetty://

How can I tell where it was pointing?

I assume you are running windows server. Do you have any antivirus and/or firewall software running?

I have the exact same problem. When I go http://localhost:9090 I get this. I know I am not using IIS, and I tried diabling my anti-virus. Thanks.

HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/

Powered by jetty://

What’s in your error.log, warn.log or nohup.out?

Pretty sure you’re hitting openfire, since it indicates the web server is Jetty.

This is from error.log:

2012.04.17 08:59:27 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.ja va:98)

]

org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupNotFoundException: Groupname IM_Warehouse not found

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:855)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:782)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.jav a:90)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:278)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:257)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupCollection$UserIterator.getNextElement(Gro upCollection.java:103)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupCollection$UserIterator.hasNext(GroupColle ction.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterManager.getSharedGroups(RosterManager.ja va:162)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQSharedGroupHandler.handleIQ(IQSharedGroupHa ndler.java:44)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:49)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:351)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:319)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:79)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:284)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:176)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

There are many like this in warn.log:

2012.04.16 09:03:01 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

2012.04.16 09:03:01 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

2012.04.17 08:00:23 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 192.168.1.97. Connection: org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketConnection@12ecbed socket: Socket[addr=/192.168.1.97,port=59374,localport=5269] session: null

Thanks for the reply.

I am also facing the same problem 9090 port is not opening

but when I try to open 9091 get this error

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you’re editing settings.json, see the ‘rpc-whitelist’ and ‘rpc-whitelist-enabled’ entries.

If you’re still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.