Unknown Connection Error

I can login to Spark from the workstation that has the server on it with no problem. However whenever I attempt to login from another workstation on the same network it gives me “Unknown Connection Error.” The log is below. However I have all of the same settings as the one that works.

Aug 10, 2017 12:45:44 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘dcroot.gosy.com:8222’ failed because java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.j ava:255)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:612)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection. java:850)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.ja va:364)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1107)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:894)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:138)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Connection times out. Either a networking issue or a firewall. Btw, do you really have the port on 8222? By default it is 5222.

1 Like

Hi

Maybe that’s why they’re having a problem connecting, the port has been changed, prior to the port used by the clients.

Buenos dias, Fijate que el puerto por que utiliza los clientes sea el correcto tanto en el panel de openfire localhost:9090 como asi tambien en el aplicativo spark.

Good morning,

I don’t have any problems with the network other than with this application. I’ve also added Spark to the “allow apps through firewall” on each workstation that I’ve attempted this on (so far I’m up to three).

As for the port, I had to switch it off the default as that had something else on it that would have been more of a pain to reconfigure than this would be.

I get that dcroot.gosy.com is the name of the server hosting Openfire. On Admin Console’e first page what is the value of XMPP Domain?

I switched that to see if it was routing but when it’s gosy.com (which is what the XMPP Domain is) it changes nothing. It still times out.

If your xmpp domain is gosy.com, this is the only thing you should put in Spark. Is gosy.com resolvable in your network (is in your DNS)? Can you ping it by gosy.com name? If not, you can try a workaround. Put gosy.com as domain in Spark, then go to Advanced menu and put IP of the server into Host field.

Yes it’s the DNS. Pinging gives times<1ms TTL=128. Domain is not gosy.com and the Host is 127.0.01:9090. Error is now “Can’t connect to server: invalis name or server is not reachable.”

2017.08.14 08:23:17 hsqldb.db…ENGINE - could not reopen database

org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@c69e02e3[file =C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, ] method: checkHeartbeat read: 2017-08-14 12:23:16 heartbeat - read: -22 ms.

at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile.newLockFileLock(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.persist.Logger.acquireLock(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.persist.Logger.open(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.Database.reopen(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.Database.open(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.DatabaseManager.getDatabase(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.DatabaseManager.newSession(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCConnection.(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:211 )

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolDriver.connect(ProxoolDriver.java:89)

at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection(EmbeddedConn ectionProvider.java:64)

at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:129)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:357)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getProperty(JiveGlobals.java:548)

at org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.(CacheFactory.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initialize(XMPPServer.java:311)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:415)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:163)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:56)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:65)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:101)

at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:26)

This is confusing. If it is in the DNS, why you say it’s not the domain? It should be the domain of Openfire, if you want to use gosy.com as domain in Spark. Unless you are confusing this with Windows/AD domain. That’s a different thing. I don’t get either why you mention the localhost IP address (127.0.0.1:9090). You can use this to login to Admin Console on the server itself. Otherwise this is of no use to you. Lastly, the error you have posted is the usual error when one tries to run Openfire a few times (e.g. it is already running as a service and one runs the launcher also, then the two processes can’t share one database and the database lock acquisition failure error occurs).

1. If you have Openfire already running as a service. Do not even touch the launcher. It is already running, no need to use the launcher.

2. Make screenshot of the first page of Admin Console, so we can see is it really true that gosy.com is your XMPP domain.