New to the program and networking, need help (textwall warning)

-----WALL OF TEXT WARNING-----

Hello all! Relatively new to this whole scene in general. I’m messing with the settings and kinda learning as I go. At first, the problem was that I couldn’t get the client and the server to communicate properly upon login, as the log said it couldn’t recognize the DNS name:

Jul 14, 2017 8:10:33 AM org.jivesoftware.smack.util.DNSUtil resolveDomain

WARNING: Exception while resovling SRV records for wr-server-02.wildscape.corp. Consider adding ‘_xmpp-(server|client)._tcp’ DNS SRV Records

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DNS name not found [response code 3]; remaining name ‘_xmpp-client._tcp.wr-server-02.wildscape.corp’

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.checkResponseCode(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.isMatchResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.doUdpQuery(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.query(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.query(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.dns.javax.JavaxResolver.lookupSRVRecords(JavaxResol ver.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.DNSUtil.resolveDomain(DNSUtil.java:171)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:120)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.populateHostAddresses(AbstractXMP PConnection.java:574)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:564)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection. java:850)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.ja va:364)

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard.getConnection(AccountCreationWizard.java :362)

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard.access$200(AccountCreationWizard.java:50 )

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard$1.construct(AccountCreationWizard.java:2 18)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:138)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jul 14, 2017 8:14:32 AM org.jivesoftware.smack.util.DNSUtil resolveDomain

WARNING: Exception while resovling SRV records for wr-server-02.wildscape.corp. Consider adding ‘_xmpp-(server|client)._tcp’ DNS SRV Records

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DNS name not found [response code 3]; remaining name ‘_xmpp-client._tcp.wr-server-02.wildscape.corp’

at org.jivesoftware.smack.util.dns.javax.JavaxResolver.lookupSRVRecords(JavaxResol ver.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.populateHostAddresses(AbstractXMP PConnection.java:574)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:564)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection. java:850)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.ja va:364)

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard.getConnection(AccountCreationWizard.java :362)

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard.access$200(AccountCreationWizard.java:50 )

at org.jivesoftware.AccountCreationWizard$1.construct(AccountCreationWizard.java:2 18)

Jul 14, 2017 8:14:46 AM org.jivesoftware.smack.util.DNSUtil resolveDomain

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1107)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:894)

Jul 14, 2017 8:15:07 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException: The following addresses failed: ‘_xmpp-client._tcp.wr-server-02.wildscape.corp:5222’ failed because javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: DNS name not found [response code 3]; remaining name ‘_xmpp-client._tcp.wr-server-02.wildscape.corp’, ‘wr-server-02.wildscape.corp:5222’ failed because java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$ConnectionException.from(SmackException.j ava:255)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPTCPC onnection.java:612)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1107)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:894)

Happens 3 times and same ports, was sure that it was serverside. I disabled the firewall to test and got a completely different result, a verification error at this point for the certificate. On the Control Panel, I enabled user signed certificates and disabled verification. This is the output txt file that was generated, as a result (i think):

Debug is true storeKey false useTicketCache true useKeyTab false doNotPrompt true ticketCache is null isInitiator true KeyTab is null refreshKrb5Config is false principal is null tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false storePass is false clearPass is false

Acquire TGT from Cache

Principal is null

null credentials from Ticket Cache

[Krb5LoginModule] authentication failed

Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication

Gathering from what I’ve been reading, this has to do with Kerberos. Authentication is failing, and after doing some reading, and looking at the Spark program on the clientside computer, it seems that it can’t find the SSO principal name. The server is running off of windows 2008, I believe. I have a hunch that this has something to do with it, am I right? I’m learning as I mess with the program, today is the first day I’ve worked with this, so forgive my noobishness. Any help is appreciated.

PS What does location mean? Not familiar with this forum.

Regards,

jakob

By location you mean Spaces? That’s how sub-forums are called here. I will move you discussion to Support > Openfire Support space.

As i understand you are trying to get SSO working with Openfire on Windows. Which client though? @speedy has a guide prepared for this.I think it’s this one How to Setup SSO on Windows Server 2008r2/2012r2 with a Domain level of 2008r2/2012r2