How to check chat history from all users in openfire server?

I need to check what each client is sending and receiving and I have installed the “Monitoring service” plugin, however I have no idea if that is what I need nor do I know how to use it !!!

Can someone give me indications? I am quite lost :S

I don’t have a server with that plugin installed near me right now, but it should be straightforward. There should be a few fields to put usernames and set dates. This way you will pull a conversation history of those two users on a specific date. If you want to see all messages of all users in one view, i believe this plugin can’t provide that. There is another option. To turn on Message Audit Policy in Server > Server Settings. Then everything will be saved into log files. It will be in xml format, which is not easy readable. A few community members provided a reader tool for such logs. http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1874 (download the latest version)

1 Like

Where can I find those fields ? They dont seem to appear anywhere !! :S

Thanks for the plugin though, I will check it right away !

After you install Monitoring Service there should be a menu at the top menu (2nd line, under the Server) called “Archiving”.

Thanks, you helped a lot !

I uploaded monitoring.jar and clicked on the upload plugin. it is showing message like “Plugin uploaded successfully. It may take a short time for the plugin to appear in the list of installed plugins.” but still i am not seeing any archieving under server tab. Please help me on this.

Anything in the logs?

I don’t know where i can check. I am new to openfire

I am using Openfire 4.0.2 . I installed monitoring.jar. i want to display previously chat messages in one to one and group chat

Current version of plugin is only for 4.1.0+. 1.5.4 should work for you.
monitoring 1.5.4.jar (4851596 Bytes)

Thank you. I am able to see monitoring services in plugin section but when i go to servers -->I got admin.sidebar.statistics.name and admin.sidebar.archiving.name . when i click admin.sidebar.archiving.name tab i am getting error.

Error i am getting is

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.monitoring.archive_002dsearch_jsp._jspService(archive_002dsearch_jsp.java:120)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java:296)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:107)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1669)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:80)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:162)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:76)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:53)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:80)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:162)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Please help me onthis

Stop Openfire, Remove the plugin (both jar file and a folder from Openfire installation folder /plugins), rename the downloaded plugin to just monitoring.jar and upload it again.

Can you please come online. I need your help regarding this monitoring services.

I’m not providing real time or remote support. I’m only a volunteer answering a few questions in my spare time. Nor i am an expert in monitoring service. Haven’t used it that much.

i am not asking much just i need help thats it. I will do myself

Thanks its working now. if i have any other queries i will ask

Just create new discussion if you have questions. This one is already marked as answered.

Ok. I created new discussion please check. here is my discussion

Need help retrieving chat message using mam and rsm