GSoC - short introduction of alameyo

Hello everyone ,
My name is Paweł, I am Electronics & Telecommunications student from Gdańsk, Poland. As hobby in free time I am doing some games journalism, writing reviews or doing iterviews with games developers. I had some own minor attemps in gamedev with LibGDX for Java. I am still new to XMPP but I am going stay here for longer as my university, bachelor project and thesis will include creating own XMPP client with asymmetric encryption of messages. This year I submited my proposal for Google Summer of Code. This proposal was accepted, so now I can announce a certificate manager for Spark which I hope to finish during this summer.

And what is my project?

So curently in Spark we can choose to accept all certificates, disable hostname verification and basicly that’s it. It would be handy for users to have prety graphic panel that woul allow them to pick certificates one by one, check it’s validity, public keys, issuers, crypto-alghoritms and decide which one to trust and which not. Other utilites include possybility to check certificate validity in Certificate Revocation Lists and by Online Certificate Status Protocol. Another thing that Spark will be supporting, is muthual authentication and creating own (self issued) certificates.

I want to thanks to my great mentor Guus and also wroot, speedy, akrherz, dwd, Flow, vanitasvitae and others for warm greeting in community .

I hope not only to finish my project but also find more good vibes within community and do more for opensource.

Greetings,

Paweł Ścibiorski aka Alameyo

1 Like

Congrats and welcome! The pleasure is all ours, and we are excited to have you!

Excellent! Great to have you on board Paweł! I’m looking forward to a productive summer!

Welcome and get ready to my pickiness, altgough you have already experienced that a bit

I am still new to XMPP.
Master project and thesis will include creating own XMPP client with asymmetric encryption of messages.
I work hard on that and its mostly completed. Can I apply for GSoC 2018 and where can I apply.

At this stage, we’re not sure yet if IgniteRealtime will be accepted as a GSoC 2018 organisation. It is best if you go to https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ That’s the official website for GSoC. It contains all the information that you need.