How to connect to server with Spark?

What should be input in as my username and domain? I try anyway, but it always shows I get something wrong with my your name or password. Would you give an exact format of the username? And the domain name is my server name or my computer IP address when I connected wifi.

Next time try thinking of more useful title for your post and do not double post.

Domain should be your domain, which doesn’t have to be same as server’s name. You can check your domain on Openfire’s first page in Admin Console (XMPP Domain name).

Sorry for my double post, I just think it was two different area.

what is the format of my username? I just read the other essay it said my username should input like “username@servername.local”, is that right?

“Username” in XMPP is called JID, which is in a form of user@domain. Various clients have various form of input. In Spark it is two separate fields. So in Username field you put your username and in Domain field you put your domain. Servername.local can be your domain, but as i’ve said you should better check what domain name is set for your server. If you are using Openfire, then it is shown on the first page of Admin Console: XMPP Domain Name value.

you see these is my Openfire page

and I created a new username called test

Then I try to sign in with the spark, it displays the error report like below.

So, your domain is dellpc. It can’t verify the certificate as you are probably using the self-signed certificates. Try open Advanced menu on the login screen in Spark and enable “Accept all certificates”.

After I clicked the “accept all certificates”, and try to log in spark it show that there exist any error with my username or password

What is the exact error? Also check the error and warn logs here and post what you find C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\logs

I experienced the same thing, with the following error log:

Apr 20, 2017 9:09:20 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 10000ms (~10s). Used filter: No filter used or filter was ‘null’.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkForResponse(SynchronizationPoi nt.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWait(Synchronizatio nPoint.java:146)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWaitOrThrow(Synchro nizationPoint.java:125)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection. java:857)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.ja va:364)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1107)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:894)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:138)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This error is quite common and is logged for those who connect normally also. There should also be something in the warn log.

Apr 20, 2017 3:04:59 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 10000ms (~10s). Used filter: No filter used or filter was ‘null’.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkForResponse(SynchronizationPoi nt.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWait(Synchronizatio nPoint.java:146)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SynchronizationPoint.checkIfSuccessOrWaitOrThrow(Synchro nizationPoint.java:125)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection.connectInternal(XMPPTCPConnection. java:857)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection.connect(AbstractXMPPConnection.ja va:364)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1107)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$900(LoginDialog.java:335)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$3.construct(LoginDialog.java:894)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$new$1(SwingWorker.java:138)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sorry, it is Chinese time, 22:05. And I just want to show there is nothing updated with the errors.log. So I post the latest warn.log.

Latest errors should be in files with .0 ending. If they are empty or have the same error, then i don’t have any other ideas.