Ultimate Emoticon Pack issue

Hi All,

I’m having an issue with the attached emoticon pack. It adds correctly to spark but for some strange reason it removes the emoticon picker from the chat window? Once I change the pack to an original one the picker returns. Is this a bug within spark of with the pack?

Thanks
Noto.AdiumEmoticonSet.zip (1766830 Bytes)

I guess it doesn’t like something about the size of resulting picker window, but i don’t know what the problem is exactly. Filed as [SPARK-1902] Throws an exception when using custom emoticons set - IgniteRealtime JIRA

wow that was quick. Thanks.

Filing a ticket is quick, but i wouldn’t hope for a quick fix. Spark lacks active developers.

no problem. Thanks for the help either way.

Hey bud, I was having the same issue as you and figured it out.

Spark needs you to set one of your emoticon equivalents to “:)” to know which one to display as the button.

fPHAtxD.png

Voila, your pack works.

YqRPOx8.png

-Andrew

Another tip for a problem I had while troubleshooting this issue. Spark caches your emoticon packs, so to update with your new fixed plist pack you need to close Spark, delete the your custom emoticon zip in “Program Files\Spark\xtra\emoticons”, then delete the zip file and folder for your emoticons from “\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spark\xtra\emoticons” to get it to refresh with the fixed pack.

-Andrew

Nice finding with the picker icon issue the problem with updated packs is filed as [SPARK-1918] Emoticons packs are not updated after the upgrade - IgniteRealtime JIRA

Just wanted to let you know that one of the contributors (Alexander) has provided a fix for this issue. It should be included in 2.9.0 version. Whenever it is released…