Openfire Meetings doesn't record video [CENTOS 7 x64]

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to record videoconference without succes. I’ve read that i need a 64bits Linux plataform and i only see mp3 files. Anyone can tell me how to get video???

Thanks in advance!

To record a meeting, set the auto-record flag in the admin web console. If you want to manually record a meeting from the web client, make sure you have a permamant chat room for your meeting and make sure at least one user is a moderator. Only moderators can record a meeting.

I’ve set the flag but it still record audio only. What can i do to record video?

Check your OF log files. There is a message in there somewhere that tells you why the video recorder has failed

I have enabled the video recording under meetings->settings->video->recordings. I do not get auto-recording of video conferences or chats but I do get a record button on the drop down at the top of a video/audio conference. Clicking on that prompts me for a token which seems to be the password which I entered under the recording settings above.

I get a bunch of MP3 files a endpoint.json and a metdata.json file created. I don’t get any video files created. I don’t see any obvious error messages in /var/log/openfire/all.log. Also how do you replay the mp3 files? It seems to create a file per participant and then creat multiple files per session. What is the process to merge these into a single file to play back the conference or meeting?

Should one do this manually or is there a replay option I do not know about? Ideally one would want to be able to download a mp4 with audio and post it to people who missed the meeting if necessary or place it on an intranet site etc. Maybe post to you tube? What are the possibilities?

Here is exactly my issue!

I’ve got exactly the same problem

Without seeing the log files from Jitsi videobridge, we cant determine why the video recorder is failing. It will be most likely that expected software library or module is missing from your linux 64 build. The log files for jitsi are all written to stderr and not the standard OF log files. Look at the OF startup script to see where stdout and stderr are written to.

I am not a linux expert and on windows where I do most of my work, the files stdout.log and stderr.log are created automatically.

On my linux machines, my sysadmin has done the following

#!/bin/bash

echo “Starting OF openfire instance…”

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/latest

nohup /opt/openfire_dele/bin/openfire.sh &

creating a large file called nohup.out which contains stdout and stderr

Hi Dele,

It generates a lot of code, but the failed part is this

INFORMACIÓN: failed to find jitsi-defaults.properties with class loader, will continue without it.

abr 20, 2016 11:56:03 AM org.jitsi.util.Logger info

INFORMACIÓN: Normal classloader

abr 20, 2016 11:56:03 AM org.jitsi.util.Logger info

INFORMACIÓN: failed to find jitsi-default-overrides.properties with class loader, will continue without it.

abr 20, 2016 11:56:03 AM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger info

Shall i post all the file log?

Thanks in advance !!

Thats not it.

Look for SEVERE errors around the point it starts to record the conference. It should log the name of the mp3 file and then fail to create the video file

Hi Dele!!!

I found out the error. It’s here

INFORMACIÓN: Opened VP8 depacketizer

abr 20, 2016 1:39:50 PM org.jitsi.util.Logger info

INFORMACIÓN: Created DataSink (org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmDataSink@717379f3) for SSRC=2409781361. Output filename: /opt/openfire/plugins/ofmeet/recordings/2016-04-20.13-39-49.9f7b074085e9f4da/24 09781361.webm

abr 20, 2016 1:39:50 PM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger error

GRAVE: An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[FMJ Thread: SendEventQueue: com.sun.media.processor.unknown.Handler,9,system] and message was: /opt/openfire/plugins/ofmeet/lib/native/libjnvpx.so: libvpx.so.1: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/openfire/plugins/ofmeet/lib/native/libjnvpx.so: libvpx.so.1: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1938)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1854)

at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:870)

at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1122)

at org.jitsi.util.JNIUtils.loadLibrary(JNIUtils.java:32)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmWriter.(WebmWriter.java:10)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmDataSink.start(WebmDataSink.java:245)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.RecorderRtpImpl.controllerUpdate(RecorderRtpI mpl.java:843)

at net.sf.fmj.media.BasicController.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.SendEventQueue.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.util.ThreadedEventQueue.dispatchEvents(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.util.ThreadedEventQueue.run(Unknown Source)

Is there a way to solve that?

You are missing a dependency module or library for libjvpnx. I really can’t tell what package. No more information. You will have to do your own research or ask the kind folks at jitsi.org.

“ln -s libvpx.so libvpx.so.1” could help

Hi, I’m also suffering from this issue. here is my error log. Can you tell me what to do?

Aug 23, 2016 5:11:04 PM org.jitsi.util.Logger info

INFO: Created DataSink (org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmDataSink@15a8539) for SSRC=3264234951. Output filename: /opt/openfire/plugins/ofmeet/recordings/2016-08-23.17-10-59.f1c4fc98510c178d/32 64234951.webm

Aug 23, 2016 5:11:04 PM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger error

SEVERE: An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[FMJ Thread: SendEventQueue: com.sun.media.processor.unknown.Handler,9,system] and message was: org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmWriter.allocCfg()J

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmWriter.allocCfg()J

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmWriter.allocCfg(Native Method)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmWriter.(WebmWriter.java:47)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.WebmDataSink.start(WebmDataSink.java:245)

at org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.recording.RecorderRtpImpl.controllerUpdate(RecorderRtpI mpl.java:843)

at net.sf.fmj.media.BasicController.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.SendEventQueue.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.util.ThreadedEventQueue.dispatchEvents(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.fmj.media.util.ThreadedEventQueue.run(Unknown Source)

If some have any Idea Please share with me

Finally solved this problem… using manual installation. but now problem is webm file only 1K size no matter how long the conversion… what to do now?