Spark 2.5.8 Alert Notification Popup disappear too early,

Thanks for help,

i tryed it out, but realized without programming knowledge it isn’t doable for me.

Maybe it will come as a feature in a later version.

Danke für die Hilfe,

habe mich daran versucht, aber ohne Programmierkenntnisse wird das nichts.

Vielleicht kommt das ja in einer späteren Version als Funktion.

Well, we can create a feature request ticket (an option to make popups stay until manually closing them), but this won’t get a high priority probably.

Hi everybody,

i saw the last answer is a few years ago.

So i ask again: Is there a possibilty now, to set the time for the pop-up notification?

Thanks for response

Hallo alle zusammen,

ich habe gesehen, dass die letzte Antwort ein paar Jahre zurück liegt.

Also frage ich erneut: Gibt es mittlerweile eine Möglichkeit, die Zeit der Pop-Up Benachrichtigung einzustellen?

Vielen Dank für die Antworten.

Almost 5 years ago, to be exact Well, there is currently a Roar plugin included with Spark. You can use it instead of toast popups. You can configure its popups staying time. You will find it in the Preferences.

P.S. can we keep the discussion English only? Our spam protection system doesn’t like other languages, so we have to approve every non-English message…

Thank you for your fast response.

I’m sorry, i didn’t tell you that i’m using Mac and roar isn’t working with this OS, right?

There is a Growl Plug-In in the Package but is it necessary to buy the whole Growl-App to use it?

Which version of Spark? As Wolf is a Mac user and is the author of Roar plugin i thought it should work on Mac OS X (which OS X version btw?). I think i saw some screenshots from him of Roar on Mac. I’m not familiar with Mac OS X much, so i don’t know anything about Growl-App.

Im Using:

Spark Version 2.7.5 (391) on OS X 10.10.5

and

Spark Version 2.6.3 on OS X 10.9.5

Filed as [SPARK-1697] Roar plugins doesn’t work on Mac OS X - Jive Software Open Source

with 2.7.5, please try this

delete the users home folder \application support\spark folder. This is like the appdata folder in windows. Restart spark to recreate it, and then close spark. Now, copy over the plugins and the emoticon folders from the spark application package (right click, show package contents, go to \contents\resources\plugins.) into the home folder\applicaiton support\spark. Run Spark.

I tried it, but there a no changes.

My Problem is not to load the Plug-Ins.

I need to set the time for information pop-ups, but there is only a posibility for on- and offline notifications.

My Problem is not to load the Plug-Ins.

Well, if you could load Roar plugin, you could use it instead of regular toast popups.

Okay, my fault… I thought the Notification Option is based on the roar Plug-In. It seems that i still have Toast, not only to breakfast

So, the Roar is still not working, but toast do not have a time setting? I would love to have just one system for all notifications (Roar preferably). But this is probably easier to achieve adding to Toast popup functionality (taking online/offline setting as example). [SPARK-1700] Add showing time setting for message toast popup - Jive Software Open Source

ok…so I couldn’t get the ROAR plugin to load on mac osx…and I coudn’t figure out why…no debug, not errors…nothing…but then I noticed that in the plugin.xml its set for windows and linux os types… added mac, and it loaded in spark, and started to work. I’m not sure if this is by design or not. did the roar plugin load in previous version of spark?

I don’t think this is by design. As I said Wolf was using it on Mac. So fixing plugin.xml is enough? Should be an easy fix. Make a PR (or i can do this) and we will have a build for testing.

That sounds great ! Is it possible to send me the modified Plugin for testing.

with my virtual mac it was enough! I’ll go ahead and make a pr. I noticed a path issue with the growl plugin as well, so I’ll submit a PR for that too (although I don’t have growl, so I have no way of testing)

no need to repack the plugin to test, just edit the plugin.xml located in /Users//Library/Application Support/Spark/plugins/roar

and change

os>Windows,Linux

to

os>Windows,Linux,Mac

restart spark

That worked perfect ! Thanks to this…

Here’s the new build http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-NIGHTLYMAC-397/artifact/JOB1/Spark /spark_2_7_5_397.dmg

1 Like