Spark 2.6.3 - Setting to automatically start client on Windows startup

Hello,

I’ve searched through the spark.properties, default.properties and configuration.properties and I cannot find anything that gives me the option to set startonstartup = true.

Is anyone aware of if/how I can set this?

Thank you!

this would be a registry item, and not something in the spark.properties file. Basicly, when you select it and deselect it within Sparks preferences, it makes the registry change. If you are wanting to make this change company wide, then you can use group policy for this.

Hello

if you are on windows, you can make a shortcut of spark and add it to your “startup” folder in start menu >> all programs.

Link for more details is http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/run-program-automatically-windows-sta rts#1TC=windows-7

Thanks

Victor

Do you know where in the registry this setting would be?

Unfortunately I tried this and it didn’t work. I’m using AppDeploy Repackager to create the .msi and it doesn’t seem to want to pick up that system change.

You can use the

“run these programs at user logon” policy (admin templates/system/logon)

or define a registry key using

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

or

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

“Spark”=“C:\Program Files (x86)\Spark\Spark.exe”

This works however I am using AppDepoly Repachager to create the MSI and it doesn’t pick this change up. Do you have any programs that you recommend to create MSI files? I can’t put this out through group policy as our users computers are not on the domain so I was hoping I could work the setting into the MSI somehow.

Why do you need MSI then if you don’t have a domain? I thought you wanted to distribute it via GPO. Btw, Spark exe installer has a silent switch too. E.g. spark.exe -q