Authorization on ofmeet and chat room

Hi,

I’ve just installed Jitsi Video bridge plugin on the Openfire server and ofmeet is working perfectly fine, in fact I’m impressed of this.

However I have two questions which just wander if somebody could help me:

1. Ofmeet doesn’t look to be protected at all, so basically if somebody knows URL, he can create meeting without any authorization. I understand (and love) idea of sending shared link which is unique and this is perfect solution for me, however somebody who create this link should be authorized. Is it possible to do this?

2. When I login to candy and can’t see any chat room, even if is created in Openfire. I believe possible chat room wasn’t created correctly but tried different options and wasn’t able to get anywhere.

Could you advise please?

Thank you.

1. Ofmeet doesn’t look to be protected at all, so basically if somebody knows URL, he can create meeting without any authorization. I understand (and love) idea of sending shared link which is unique and this is perfect solution for me, however somebody who create this link should be authorized. Is it possible to do this?

In latest version 1.3.0 (OF 3.9.2), you can set a general username/password for ofmeet application. You can also set a password for each conference. It wont stop creation of rooms, but will lock room to participants only

1. When I login to candy and can’t see any chat room, even if is created in Openfire. I believe possible chat room wasn’t created correctly but tried different options and wasn’t able to get anywhere.

You need the openfire client control plugin to create groupchat bookmarks. See Candy documentaction

Dele,

Thank you for your great answer! Now it is clear and I’ve got candy up ad running. Just two small additional questions:

1. When VideoBridge 1.3.0 and OF 3.9.2 will release

2. Is it possible to use candy with Jitsi client with video? I’ve got chat connection but video is only beetween webclients.

Once again, thank you for reply!

1. When VideoBridge 1.3.0 and OF 3.9.2 will release

Tomorrow 1st of May

1. Is it possible to use candy with Jitsi client with video? I’ve got chat connection but video is only beetween webclients.

Yes, use Jitsi Meet (jitmeet) instead of ofmeet. It supports Jingle and should work with Jitsi client. ofmeet will support Jingle later on.

Once again Dele, thank you very much for you clear answer.

As you helped me twice just wander if you could do this third time. I posted another question and wasn’t able to get any answer. Basically I find quality of voice and video on Jitsi client as much worse than on Skype (brakes in conversation, strange noises). Mine configuration is simple Openfire server on stable, fast (100MB/100B) internet connection. Just wander if there is any way to improve this or just I have to accept difference.

Once again, thank you for your help.

If you are doing a peer to peer call with two Jitsi clients (no videobridge), then openfire is not involved with the media and it is up to the network connection between both and the processing power of both PCs. Skype is way ahead in terms of audio and video quality and employs a few proprietary tricks to pull it off.

I suggest you compare with making the same call between both Jitsi clients via the videobridge. How does Jitmeet or Ofmeet compare in terms of audio/video quality between two users?

Hi Dale,

At least now I understand how Jitsi work, I thought this is connection client to server not client to client. Could you tell me how to force Jitsi client to use videobridge?

You can’t force it (last time i cheched). You select Videobridge from the menu and invite the user to join. It makes a normal Jingle call just like a two-way call, but the media goes via the videobridge.

As usually many thanks Dele, I will try to compare quality.

I’m trying to install the latest openfire 3.9.2 on Windows (tried on two different machines) but getting error message as follow - could you advise please? - I can create new post if you prefere:

Exception:

com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serializer.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not load the propery file ‘output_xml.properties’ for output method ‘xml’ (check CLASSPATH)

at com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serializer.OutputPropertiesFactory.getDefaultMe thodProperties(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.setDefaults(Unknow n Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.createOutputProper ties(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerImpl.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransfor mer(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.XmlHelper.getString(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.AbstractBeanConfig.instantiateBean(Unkno wn Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.ApplicationBeanConfig.getOrInstantiateAp plication(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.InstallerConfig.getApplicationById(Unkno wn Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.InstallerConfig.setCurrentApplicationId( Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

System properties:

java.runtime.name=Java™ SE Runtime Environment

exe4j.moduleName=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk\Desktop\openfire_3_9_2.exe

exe4j.semaphoreName=Local\c:_users_piotr_kowalczyk_desktop_openfire_3_9_2.exe

sun.boot.library.path=c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir139893 4513\jre\bin

java.vm.version=24.55-b03

java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation

java.vendor.url=http://java.oracle.com/

exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0

path.separator=;

java.vm.name=Java HotSpot™ Client VM

file.encoding.pkg=sun.io

user.country=IE

user.script=

sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1

install4j.exeDir=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk\Desktop\

java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification

user.dir=C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513

java.runtime.version=1.7.0_55-b13

java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment

java.endorsed.dirs=c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir139893451 3\jre\lib\endorsed

os.arch=x86

java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\

line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation

user.variant=

exe4j.tempDir=C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513

os.name=Windows 7

sun.java2d.noddraw=true

sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252

java.library.path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Win dows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j56 74.tmp_dir1398934513\jre\bin

java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification

java.class.version=51.0

sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler

exe4j.isInstall4j=true

os.version=6.1

user.home=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk

user.timezone=Europe/London

java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob

file.encoding=Cp1252

java.specification.version=1.7

java.class.path=C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\i 4jruntime.jar;C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\use r.jar;C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\platform.zi p;C:\Users\PIOTRK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\user\startup.ja r;

user.name=Piotr Kowalczyk

java.vm.specification.version=1.7

sun.java.command=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk\Desktop\openfire_3_9_2.exe

java.home=c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\jre

sun.arch.data.model=32

exe4j.launchName=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk\Desktop\openfire_3_9_2.exe

user.language=en

java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation

awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit

java.vm.info=mixed mode

exe4j.unextractedPosition=25816163

java.version=1.7.0_55

java.ext.dirs=c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir1398934513\jre \lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext

sun.boot.class.path=c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir13989345 13\jre\lib\resources.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir139 8934513\jre\lib\rt.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir13989 34513\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_di r1398934513\jre\lib\jsse.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_di r1398934513\jre\lib\jce.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp_dir 1398934513\jre\lib\charsets.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp dir1398934513\jre\lib\jfr.jar;c:\users\piotrk~1\appdata\local\temp\e4j5674.tmp dir1398934513\jre\classes

install4j.appDir=C:\Users\Piotr Kowalczyk\AppData\Local\Temp\

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

file.separator=\

java.vendor.url.bug=http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/

sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle

sun.cpu.endian=little

sun.desktop=windows

sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86

see http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/238662#238662

Thank you Dele! You are the star!

Hello,

I got around the anonymous conference creation issue this way:

Go to the OpenFire Administrator -> JitsiVideo Bridge

In the Jitsi VideoBridge enter a security UID and Password.

Appears to take care of the anon user being able to open a conference. Users will have to know this password in order to create or join conference rooms.

After you make these changes, stop and start the OpenFire service and reboot your client endpoints to avoid cached settings problems.

I am really enjoying setting up OpenFire, Spark and Jitsi. Thanks to all who have devotedly helped create and have contributed to this magnum opus.