Openfire and support for Privacy Lists?

hi-

does openfire support privacy lists as described in the smack documentation:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/smack/docs/latest/documentation/privacy.htm l

when i try to use the smack api to connect to an openfire server, and attempt to create a privacy list, i get an XMPPException:

====

item-not-found(404)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.setRequest(PrivacyListManager.java:23 7)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.updatePrivacyList(PrivacyListManager. java:434)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PrivacyListManager.createPrivacyList(PrivacyListManager. java:415)

====

do i have to enable privacy list support on openfire, and if so where could i find it? do i need to install a certain plugin?

i am using the following versions:

openfire 3.7.0

smack 3.2.1

thanks,

augusto.

Hi

privacy is working without additional setup for Spark 2.6.3. I can not comment on your error, but Smack 3.2.1 works in Spark 2.6.3 for sure.

Walter

so does privacy list support need to be turned on at the server (openfire)?

i keep getting “item-not-found(404)” error.

is there a way i can debug this situation?

Hi

there is no steup needed on OF (as far as I know). I can not remember that I specifically allowed it on OF 3.6.4.

Walter

Hi,

the Spark client and Smack have an option to show a debug window. You may want to open it and verify that the sent messages are fine. DOC-1036 is quite old but privacy lists should still work like documented there.

LG

Hi

Spark 2.6.3 has build in support for privacy lists. It’s working on my OF 3.6.4 + Spark 2.6.3 setup.

Walter