Migration Maintenance

So, no option to revert to nicknames in forums instead of names?

You can change this in your personal profile settings.

Goto your profile, click Edit Profile and Privacy, click Privacy Settings tab, set Name visibility to “Yourself” only… now everyone but you will see only your username.

I’ve asked around, but I don’t think there is a system-wide way to do this.

Ack! I’ve already been corrected!

Apparently there IS a default setting we can change to show usernames instead full names. Is this something we want to try out? Maybe this should be a poll.

Well. This was this way for years. I have a good memory. So i remember lots of nicknames, and now i just don’t recognize some folks. Sometimes avatars help. Most nicknames are easier to memorize than names. I don’t know. We can sure make a poll, and get 14 answers

I’m with wroot - let’s keep it like it was. That’ll be most familiar to most people.

Apparently my understanding of the solution was limited. There is not a global “just show usernames” option.

I can set the default for new users to only show username, but that is the only system setting available.

The only other option is to modify the database and change all users to “just show username”. I can do that if you guys still approve.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Just don’t forget to make a backup

I’ve got 2 mails already today:

Hello,

The Ignite Realtime Jive SBS instance is having trouble connecting to the chat presence provider. If you need assistance to resolve the problem, please contact Jive Support.

Thank you.

Jive Software

Fine, so the SBS restart did at least activate the plugin. We may configure it on Monday.

(Should we once again display a green ball for every user which is connected to our xmpp server?)

This is the Openfire plugin in SBS that fails to connect to Openfire. I tried to configure it, but Openfire keeps throwing SSL-related errors. I’ll try to update the libraries in Openfire, see if that resolves anything.

So, i keep getting lots of these messages that chat presence is not working. Also i see a widget on a page to chat with friends, this page. Can i disable it?

Why do you want to disable it? I hope that it works one day. Add community.igniterealtime.org##div.jive-eim-nub to your custom Adblock Plus filter.

1 Like

Well i don’t want to talk to a page And i don’t have many friends in my profile and i can talk to them in my Spark. I dislike sliding widgets on pages.

What happened to thread names? They are wrapping after a few words, though there seems enough free space to fit them better.

Hi,

there’s once again one with a long name: “I don’t want to supply this information.”. And as Jive did not yet fix the default format when one is using a long name the layout looks broken. So this is no migration problem. One simply needs to fix the CSS and I did post the fix already somewhere some centuries ago.

LG

Another point for using nicknames. I know this is not a migration issue. We need another thread say “Whining corner” I don’t want to start another thread for every problem i encounter.

I did create WEB-11 with a link to jivesoftware.com. Actually it does not matter whether the “name” or the “username” is so long.

Nicknames are usually shorter.

Can i disable it?” Yes. Open your profile, edit preferences and there you will see “IM preferences”

Yes. I’ve already found it few days ago