Migration Maintenance

Hey wroot,

What is your Jira username? For some reason, I am having a tough time finding it. Perhaps something is up with the ongoing migration.

You want perms for Spark and Openfire, right?

daryl

Folks,

Benjamin has completed a test migration of the “community” section of the igniterealtime website (Jive SBS), so we are ready for the real deal. He’d like to complete this migration sometime between 3 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and midnight tonight. He expects roughly one hour of downtime to complete the migration.

daryl

Excellent! Looking forward to the new version!

On Jul 13, 2010, at 7:24 PM, akrherz <webmaster@igniterealtime.org

Daryl, my username in Jira is wroot. Yes, mainly Spark and Openfire, though i can file a ticket with patch for Smack on occasion.

wroot,

Attachments were disabled, I enabled them now. Please try again.

daryl

I would love for anyone to be able to create jira issues, but not to

assign a fix version. Thoughts?

On Jul 13, 2010, at 8:14 PM, akrherz <webmaster@igniterealtime.org

Well. we can give it a try. On a side mark, in December i have cleared tens of Spark issues which werent reproducable, had no decent description, old, etc. And all of them were filed by allowed users

Works. Thanks

We have tested and are proceeding with the openfire migration now. I got the new server running the 3.7.0 beta

daryl

Sweet! Any snags you ran into? That’d be interesting data to share with

others that will upgrade to the new beta.

You guys are doing a great job! Things are finally moving! Exciting times!

• Guus

So, i see this is even 4.5.1 now. Is it some kind of beta? Now few comments:

First of all i cant reply to original post, and i’m now on the 3 page of this thread, so i had to reply to Guus message. Simple nothing happens then i press Reply to original post (Firefox 3.6.6, Windows XP).

Bookmarks are still broken, so now maybe it is time to fix this. I mean Bookmarks widget. It shows error and all outside bookmarks were missing before the upgrade to 4.5.1.

Moderation. One more thing which was broken before the upgrade. It shows (1) in My stuff, but there is nothing to moderate if i go there. Same for LG.

When i first time logged in, it started to show my name instead of a nickname to me. I don’t remember now what i had in the Name field before. Now i just put my nickname in the Name field and it shows me my nickname (which i prefer) again. And i want to see nicknames of other people as i’m used to them. If this setting was changed during the update, maybe we should change it back? As others maybe used to nicknames too.

P.S. one long standing issue for me with SBS. Then i reply in a thread it throws me to a first page, though it would be logical to get me back to the last post in the thread.

Hey wroot - Benjamin is currently still busy starting-stopping the server all the time. Some of the problems might be related to that.

I can verify that the My Stuff (1) Pending Moderation thingy is still there. I’m not sure what to make of that.

I’m not using paginating for this website (I wasn’t even aware that such a feature existed), so I’m not experiencing those problems.

I agree with you on the nickname thingy. We should re-implement the old presentation based on nicknames, not based on real names, as that’s what people are used to here.

Benjamin, I’m not sure if we need a SBS developer for some of the issues that Wroot (re)raised. What do you think? If so, could you direct one here?

Btw, i havent received a mail notifications about your reply. Maybe they should be enabled somewhere. I have managed to fix Bookmarks widget by removing it and adding again.

I would be glad to not have a pagination here as well, but i never found such option. Hm, maybe that’s because i’m using a flat view?

One more thin about bookmarks. Widget gets broken if i set it to show more than 20 bookmarks. Probably some of the older bookmarks are causing this, or maybe this weidget can’t show more that 20 of them.

Favpic has been changed to Jive’s logo

Guus der Kinderen wrote:

Benjamin, I’m not sure if we need a SBS developer for some of the issues that Wroot (re)raised. What do you think? If so, could you direct one here?

I wouldn’t mind to have one here I’ve noticed one more thing. Usually i open discussion in new tabs by right-clicking on the titles and selecting Open Link in New Tab in my Firefox 3.6.6. Usually it takes miliseconds to show a context menu. But if i hover over some nickname here and wait until ajax popup is shown, then if i right-click any link it takes very long to show a context menu.

I’ve got a mail from Ignite Webmaster today about updating SBS license. Should i ignore it?

Hello,

Your help is needed to ensure continued uninterrupted service of Ignite Realtime to your community members.

License reports are required in order to ensure accurate management of Jive customer accounts. Your license report is due to Jive Software by 07/29/2010. If a report is not received by this date, Ignite Realtime will be disabled until this report is received.

Should Ignite Realtime become disabled, please be assured that all of its data will remain secure and intact. However, access to Ignite Realtime will be restricted to system administrators only until a report is submitted. Once a report is received, your community will be reactivated immediately once the report has been submitted and response confirmation code has been installed.

For more information on submitting a report, please check the license information page or navigate to Admin Console > System > License Information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Jive Software account representative.

Thank you.

Jive Software

Hi wroot, we turned on email debugging to see why SBS isn’t sending forum notifications. This is a test

daryl

Any news about email notifications? Today i’ve got a notification about a comment on a doc i watch. But still no notifications about new replies in threads.

Btw, i can’t go to People tab in SBS Admin Console. It shows unexpected error