Migration Maintenance

When i try http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/SPARK-1126 it throws me to http://issues.igniterealtime.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

benjamin wrote:

Mail notifications should be fixed now.

Yep. Thanks.

(test response via email)

Your faithful president approved said changes, so there will be no

complaints! Seriously, if the community gripes too much, we can always

change it back once Benjamin gets everything migrated. We’ll have the

power to break things every way imaginable.

Benjamin has been putting in a tremendous effort for us, he’ll be the

patron saint of igniterealtime.org!

daryl

Okay! Fixed the URL rewrite issue… so clicking the first URL now sends you where you expected on issues.ignitereatime.org. etc.

benjamin wrote:

Okay! Fixed the URL rewrite issue… so clicking the first URL now sends you where you expected on issues.ignitereatime.org. etc.

Great

I don’t have a permission to attach files in JIRA anymore.

Hey wroot,

What is your Jira username? For some reason, I am having a tough time finding it. Perhaps something is up with the ongoing migration.

You want perms for Spark and Openfire, right?

daryl

Folks,

Benjamin has completed a test migration of the “community” section of the igniterealtime website (Jive SBS), so we are ready for the real deal. He’d like to complete this migration sometime between 3 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and midnight tonight. He expects roughly one hour of downtime to complete the migration.

daryl

Excellent! Looking forward to the new version!

On Jul 13, 2010, at 7:24 PM, akrherz <webmaster@igniterealtime.org

Daryl, my username in Jira is wroot. Yes, mainly Spark and Openfire, though i can file a ticket with patch for Smack on occasion.

wroot,

Attachments were disabled, I enabled them now. Please try again.

daryl

I would love for anyone to be able to create jira issues, but not to

assign a fix version. Thoughts?

On Jul 13, 2010, at 8:14 PM, akrherz <webmaster@igniterealtime.org

Well. we can give it a try. On a side mark, in December i have cleared tens of Spark issues which werent reproducable, had no decent description, old, etc. And all of them were filed by allowed users

Works. Thanks

We have tested and are proceeding with the openfire migration now. I got the new server running the 3.7.0 beta

daryl

Sweet! Any snags you ran into? That’d be interesting data to share with

others that will upgrade to the new beta.

You guys are doing a great job! Things are finally moving! Exciting times!

• Guus

So, i see this is even 4.5.1 now. Is it some kind of beta? Now few comments:

First of all i cant reply to original post, and i’m now on the 3 page of this thread, so i had to reply to Guus message. Simple nothing happens then i press Reply to original post (Firefox 3.6.6, Windows XP).

Bookmarks are still broken, so now maybe it is time to fix this. I mean Bookmarks widget. It shows error and all outside bookmarks were missing before the upgrade to 4.5.1.

Moderation. One more thing which was broken before the upgrade. It shows (1) in My stuff, but there is nothing to moderate if i go there. Same for LG.

When i first time logged in, it started to show my name instead of a nickname to me. I don’t remember now what i had in the Name field before. Now i just put my nickname in the Name field and it shows me my nickname (which i prefer) again. And i want to see nicknames of other people as i’m used to them. If this setting was changed during the update, maybe we should change it back? As others maybe used to nicknames too.

P.S. one long standing issue for me with SBS. Then i reply in a thread it throws me to a first page, though it would be logical to get me back to the last post in the thread.

Hey wroot - Benjamin is currently still busy starting-stopping the server all the time. Some of the problems might be related to that.

I can verify that the My Stuff (1) Pending Moderation thingy is still there. I’m not sure what to make of that.

I’m not using paginating for this website (I wasn’t even aware that such a feature existed), so I’m not experiencing those problems.

I agree with you on the nickname thingy. We should re-implement the old presentation based on nicknames, not based on real names, as that’s what people are used to here.

Benjamin, I’m not sure if we need a SBS developer for some of the issues that Wroot (re)raised. What do you think? If so, could you direct one here?

Btw, i havent received a mail notifications about your reply. Maybe they should be enabled somewhere. I have managed to fix Bookmarks widget by removing it and adding again.

I would be glad to not have a pagination here as well, but i never found such option. Hm, maybe that’s because i’m using a flat view?

One more thin about bookmarks. Widget gets broken if i set it to show more than 20 bookmarks. Probably some of the older bookmarks are causing this, or maybe this weidget can’t show more that 20 of them.